NVR not sending emails all of a sudden

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a nvr/dvr hybrid from empirestatesecurity It is using the same operating system as the system from Nellyssecurity that is the ION nvr. Problem is he does not get email alerts any more when there is a door opening but the nvr buzzes as its supposed to and the alarm input trigger shows up. When I go into mail testing it says mail failed when I try to test it and Ive tried other email settings. Nothing has changed and it all of a sudden quit working. I can access the nvr on the local internal network but not have tried it externally. Everything is hooked up to a Xyxel router. Ive tried powering everything off and on and it still does not work.

Any ideas?

THe other analog nvr on the network that is Dahua based has been sending emails without a problem.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Check with your email server. Some times godaddy will only allow a certain amount of relays per month or per day. I believe my account ony alows 250 per day. I've seen GMail blacklist an email address if there are too many emails sent out.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check with your email server. Some times godaddy will only allow a certain amount of relays per month or per day. I believe my account ony alows 250 per day. I've seen GMail blacklist an email address if there are too many emails sent out.

I did, the other dvr work fine with the same email.