NVR Not Working with Eero and Switch

Reaction score
I've had a Lorex NR908X NVR for several years. The POE cameras are plugged directly into the NVR. Up until now, I've had Fios TV and Internet with the NVR connected directly to the Aris NVG468 router via ethernet.

I just got rid of TV service replaced the NVG468 router with an Eero Pro 6E router. Ethernet is connected from the ONT into the Eero. The Eero's second ethernet port is connected to a TP-Link TL-SG105 5 port gigabit unmanaged ethernet switch. And the NVR is now connected to a port on the switch.

With this setup, the NVR is no longer working.

I know the switch is working because my PC is connected to the switch via ethernet.

Not sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please clarify "the NVR is no longer working". :cool:
I'm sorry for the lack of detail. I had no images in LorexCloud on the PC. When looking at the device settings, it said "Offline (can't find network host)."

I clicked "auto search" and the NR908X was found, but the IP address was different from the previous profile. I guess the new router and/or switch changed the IP address.

Ultimately, I changed the settings to add by "device id" and I was able to add the device back.

I now have images and all appears to be working well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the new router and/or switch changed the IP address.
If you're speaking of the devices's LAN IP, then if the device is set to DHCP and not static, then yes it can change for a number of reasons (which I won't go into here) which is why it is best to make that IP static in the device OR in the router reserve that IP for that device (IP reservation).

If you're speaking of your WAN IP (your public IP coming from your ISP) then that too can change if it's not static. Most are dynamic and can change but that can be addressed using a DDNS and creating a hostname.

However, in your circumstance I believe it was the LAN IP for the device (NVR?) in your house that changed.

Reaction score
If you're speaking of the devices's LAN IP, then if the device is set to DHCP and not static, then yes it can change for a number of reasons (which I won't go into here) which is why it is best to make that IP static in the device OR in the router reserve that IP for that device (IP reservation).

If you're speaking of your WAN IP (your public IP coming from your ISP) then that too can change if it's not static. Most are dynamic and can change but that can be addressed using a DDNS and creating a hostname.

However, in your circumstance I believe it was the LAN IP for the device (NVR?) in your house that changed.
Thanks, Tony. I'm honestly not sure of the differences between IP types (WAN vs. LAN). The LorexCloud software is less than user friendly, for mere mortals like myself. It simply has a heading under Device that says "IP/Domain Name."

I'm sure for those who dabble in anything related to networking, what you've described above is akin to "Networking 101." But I really don't know anything about networking and simply did my best to setup this system.

For the time being, it's working and I'm not inclined to mess with it, unless there's some reason to that I'm not considering.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code or entered a UID/serial number and/or created an account, it's likely using P2P (cloud server) and "LorexCloud" s/w confirms that.

It's likely the NVR's LAN (Local Area Network, your private network at home) IP that changed, as a P2P setup would not generally be affected by a WAN IP change, IIRC.

Totally agree with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." :cool: