Nvr outside

Bccornut

n3wb
Reaction score
This thread may need to be moved, and no it’s not outside per-say it’s in a barn. But I’d like to be able to keep it out of elements such as dust humidity etc... has anyone done something like this?

Reaction score
I feel like wherever you put it in a barn is going to have pretty high dust levels. I'd be more concerned about potential temperatures (heat of summer and hard drives/cpu temperatures) and bugs, in particular ants love to climb inside warm electronics when it gets cold, so you might end up with a mess on the inside.

That being said, I've never done something similar, so I don't know for sure.

Bccornut

n3wb
Reaction score
Dust factor yes, ants(a simple cattle ear tag in the box or whatever I put it in will keep ants away, been doing it for years in all of our well pump switches).

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed nvr's in containers outside with no climate control and they are still working. You could always put it in a lockbox

Bccornut

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed nvr's in containers outside with no climate control and they are still working. You could always put it in a lockbox
Could you share which boxes? Did you have an exhaust fan to help pull heat out?

Bccornut

n3wb
Reaction score
HOLY MOLY!!! exactly what i'm looking for, Glad to see you're in Florida too. Being on the Texas coast with heat and humidity i was a little worried about putting it in a box like that.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its certainly not ideal according to those much more experienced than I, but it works so far.

I'm sure the heat buildup will take a toll over time but we had the same cable modem, router, and an EagleEye bridge in those boxes for 5 years with no problem.