NVR PW reset

Ja1204

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.
I hope someone here can help me because nobody else seems to be able.
Here is my story;
I decided to install security cameras on my house I am building so I purchased a NVR DS-7732NI/16P and 8 cameras. That was in 2018. August of 2021 the house is now ready for a working system. I installed hdd’s into the nvr and turned it on. The very first thing I had to do is enter a new password and so I did. Something took me away at that point and when I returned to complete the instruction it requested the password for which I already forgot. No cameras were entered, no Hik-Connect , nothing. Just the forgotten password. I must have connected it to my Wi-Fi because the SADP tool brings it up but not the cameras plugged into it.
I contacted Hikvision directly and am getting the runaround. I found this thread and a camera password reset page and tried that and put in the information from SADP and it gives me a code but it failed to work. Does anyone by chance have a suggestion for me please. I’m dumbfounded. The system is brand new even though I bought it a few years back. Don’t want to buy a nothing NVR if I can help it.