NVR question (compatibility of cameras mostly)

Reaction score
SO I am a some what of a "New B" in regards to the ip Cameras. In a previous life I worked for a security company that sold DVR's and hard wired coax cameras. But that has been several years ago now and the big thing now is ip Cameras. Better quality, cheaper, I get it technology changes things which is good!

So I have been lerking for awhile reading up. Today I cruise on the google doc thread that talks about cameras and NVR's. Some guy had a link to Aliexpress for Kenvs? Kenvs POE IP CAMERA - Wholesale products with online transaction I see that some of the cameras support hikvision and dahua NVR? Then I see a NVR that the description says hikvision but the specs show the brand as Kenvs? Are the two one in the same? Cutting to the chase I want a inexpensive ip camera system to be used inside and outside my home for security. I want a "good" picture, but I am not looking at being able to zoom in and pick a fly off the wall / tag numbers of cars. If there is a car in the drive way I want to see it. If a guy walks by I would like to see his face. Make sense? Thanks!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are just Onvif and would be supported on most nvr's but you get what you pay for.