NVR question regarding security.

alexcal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not an expert but have a bit of understanding CCTV.

I just got a new NVR and configured it with a password. when I connect to network and went to install cameras, it connected to all my cameras without the need for a password, the password set on the NVR is completely different to that of the cameras. I'm a bit concerned about this for security reasons - could someone please tell how this can happen and how to disable this if possible.

thanks in advance

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just got a new NVR and configured it with a password.
It connected to all my cameras without the need for a password, the password set on the NVR is completely different to that of the cameras.
What brand of system is this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And how did you connect cameras to the NVR - via the NVR POE port? If so, the NVR will "initialize" the cameras and put them on the IP address that the NVR assigns and assigns them a user/password that is the same as the NVR.

Or are they on a switch that you connected to the NVR?

Brand of cameras and NVR?

alexcal

n3wb
Reaction score
What brand of system is this?
The nvr is veezoom - cameras are all different makes - i would have thought it be something on the cameras that is allowing connection???

And how did you connect cameras to the NVR - via the NVR POE port? If so, the NVR will "initialize" the cameras and put them on the IP address that the NVR assigns and assigns them a user/password that is the same as the NVR.

Or are they on a switch that you connected to the NVR?

Brand of cameras and NVR?
the nvr is poe and all cameras are poe, but are connected using separate poe switches for now.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The nvr is veezoom - cameras are all different makes - i would have thought it be something on the cameras that is allowing connection???
I have no clue what this system is.
My guess is that it has little security and it's own system passwords a user cannot change.

1675944842233.png

alexcal

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no clue what this system is.
My guess is that it has little security and it's own system passwords a user cannot change.

View attachment 153734
the poor security must be on the cameras, they are allowing the stream to show on nvr without inputting of correct passwords. the cameras on system include hikvision, dahua etc.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the poor security must be on the cameras, they are allowing the stream to show on nvr without inputting of correct passwords. the cameras on system include hikvision, dahua etc.
Dahua and Hikvision cameras require a password.
Unless you have enabled 'anonymous login'.