NVR Question

maxpol

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I can't seem to get a straight answer out of the sellers, but I am looking at getting the DS-2CD2145F-IS 4MP cameras and I'm not sure what NVR will work with them. I was eyeing the DS-7604N-E1/P and one seller says they wont work and the other says they will. As they are a h265 camera and by the specs can also do h264, can I run them in h264 for the NVR?

Also stupid side question, but I don't have to use the PoE ports on the back for the cameras right? I've got PoE switches around the house already and could use those.

Thanks all!

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can not use that nvr, buy the DS-7604NI-E1/P, and yes you dont have to connect them via POE.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What? DS-7604N-E1/P will work. But I guess the seller is selling a version that doesn't.

Get yourself DS-7604NI-E1 (no PoE), cheaper and will work. Also I'd recommend DS-2CD2345F-IS over those cameras.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyway if you dont live in china, do not buy the DS-7604N-E1/P even if it maybe will work. go for the Ni version with or without POE (I would go with because why not) , it will make your life easier =)

for the camera, depending on where you will mount it, Del boy is right go the
DS-2CD2345F-IS , better choice in most cases

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
anyway if you dont live in china, do not buy the DS-7604N-E1/P even if it maybe will work. go for the Ni version with or without POE (I would go with because why not) , it will make your life easier =)

for the camera, depending on where you will mount it, Del boy is right go the
DS-2CD2345F-IS , better choice in most cases
Ah ok, yes agree, do not buy the N, unless you know Chinese.

maxpol

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. My thought process for the 2145 was because it's all covered in a dome so the lens won't be as exposed. They will be mounted outside under some soffit and we have everything from blizzards to +30c here in Canada so thought it might weather a bit better. But I will take a look at the 2345 and see how that is.