NVR system with 4 turret cameras

jsatwi

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations on what system to purchase because there are so many brands out there & i don't know which to buy.
I am attaching the 4 places I need to install the cameras.
Also, i would like to know if the following are recommended or necessary:
1- the zooming option.
2- colored night vision
3- 2-way audio
4- 2.8 lens or more
5- how many MP the camera, 4 or 5 or more
6- where I live it is cold up to -30 Celius

thank you

Attachments

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1- the zooming option.
I would just go with a varifocal so you can dial the camera in perfect to your needs.
2- colored night vision
If you have enough lighting you could run color night vision otherwise just get IR cameras.
3- 2-way audio
No need for this, just run a doorbell like the reolink that everyone recommends on here.
4- 2.8 lens or more
Don’t worry about this as you should just get varifocal cameras.
5- how many MP the camera, 4 or 5 or more
4 mp on them 1/1.8 sensor is the go to camera.
6- where I live it is cold up to -30 Celius
Not sure how this will affect the camera but only one way to find out!

This kit has the go to cameras that everyone uses and recommends and NVR (if you’re not going the blue Iris route). I have this kit and it doesn’t leave me asking for more! I have added more cameras now.

jsatwi

n3wb
Reaction score
I would just go with a varifocal so you can dial the camera in perfect to your needs.

If you have enough lighting you could run color night vision otherwise just get IR cameras.

No need for this, just run a doorbell like the reolink that everyone recommends on here.

Don’t worry about this as you should just get varifocal cameras.

4 mp on them 1/1.8 sensor is the go to camera.

Not sure how this will affect the camera but only one way to find out!

This kit has the go to cameras that everyone uses and recommends and NVR (if you’re not going the blue Iris route). I have this kit and it doesn’t leave me asking for more! I have added more cameras now.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. I found this EKI-K41T44 Hikvision IP Security Camera Kit 4 Channel 4K NVR with 4 x 4MP Turret Cameras what do you think of it?
Also what is a blue iris route?

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. I found this EKI-K41T44 Hikvision IP Security Camera Kit 4 Channel 4K NVR with 4 x 4MP Turret Cameras what do you think of it?
Also what is a blue iris route?
I would not get that kit as you would want to upgrade quickly. It has 1/3” sensors which is for a 2mp camera (night vision would be poor quality). All the cameras are 2.8mm which are recommended for overview only and not to identify anyone. The NVR is not that powerful also. If money is an issue, I would recommend putting you a system together from Empire Tech refurbished outlet. They’re Dahua cameras and I would say the majority of the people on here buy from Andy. Andy just posted that he will update his refurbished list every Wednesday morning.