NVR V3.4.62 build160503 Multi-lingual Release

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Upgraded my -I2 from 3.4.2, no noticeable difference once again.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Updated 7608NI-E2 from v3.4.6 and it wouldn't let me back in. So now need to downgrade the long way to v3.4.6, be aware if you plan to upgrade that you need to know how to downgrade if you have an issue. Same for anyone updating from v3.4.2 onwards.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You mean you can't log back in? Are you seeing garbage characters for username in the pulldown menu to login? This happens when switching between USA ane Euro firmware (which both run on "Western Region" NVRs). What happens is that the Admin and User account database becomes corrupted (or in actuality is encrypted and stored in the NVR differently) when switching between certain firmwares. The fix is rather simple:

1. Get to where you can login from the NVR console and see the garbled junk characters as usernames. First try selecting the first garbled username and use a blank (null) password. Check to see if it logs you in with admin privileges by going to the configuration menu. If it doesn't then logout (you may need to reboot) and repeast the same procedure with the second garbled username and a blank password again. Repeat by going down one username in the pulldown each time until your in with admin rights.

2. Then go to the Maintenace menu and reset the box to factory defaults

salival

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi FastCamMan.

I want to thank you for your answer, this fixed the issue I had. I upgraded then lost all access to it, I finally was able to log in with the first account that was garbage characters and reset the NVR to defaults.

Thanks again.

You mean you can't log back in? Are you seeing garbage characters for username in the pulldown menu to login? This happens when switching between USA ane Euro firmware (which both run on "Western Region" NVRs). What happens is that the Admin and User account database becomes corrupted (or in actuality is encrypted and stored in the NVR differently) when switching between certain firmwares. The fix is rather simple:

1. Get to where you can login from the NVR console and see the garbled junk characters as usernames. First try selecting the first garbled username and use a blank (null) password. Check to see if it logs you in with admin privileges by going to the configuration menu. If it doesn't then logout (you may need to reboot) and repeast the same procedure with the second garbled username and a blank password again. Repeat by going down one username in the pulldown each time until your in with admin rights.

2. Then go to the Maintenace menu and reset the box to factory defaults

Reaction score
I am having the same issue after upgrading to 4.1.11. I have gone through the entire list of 30 or so trying a blank password. I have gone through most of the list and tried the original password with no success

Reaction score
Hello all sorry for the delayed reply but i am having a similar issue. However on the GUI i dont have any drop down boxes to choose the username from and will not even attempt to try and login.

I have contact the supplier (This is bought from an Australia supplier) and they gave me the reset config. it says the import is successful however it still does not change the password at all.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Thank You!

AK4

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks It worked WELL, I just let the login blanc, entered new password and restored It to factory default from the menu.
I got 2 extra ip cameras (totaly 4) on 7208HUHI-k2 K71 5mp with a previous update and it still hangs after the fabric restored :) MY DVR woke up !!! Thanks again.