NVR vs Blue Iris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was of the same mindset, what could go wrong right ? Plenty, along with BI giving you more latitude and dependability it’s a no brainer. Combine that with the untiring resources from members here, choosing NOT to use BI is a mistake I will not make.

RazzMtazz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'll go with blue Iris then. Hope the setup isn't as hard as it seems to be lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Basic setup like continuous or simple motion is really easy to setup. Just set it up on 1 cam as you like then repeat for the others. What BI does allow you to do is get creative if and when you want, so think of a situation and there should be a way, something that you normally can’t do with an NVR.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will eventually have replaced all my analogue cameras with IP. Currently running a hybrid Dahua NVR which is working fine if a little flaky on the software front.
Once I'm fully IP setup (19 cameras in total) can anyone recommend a rack mounted solution using Blue Iris? The advantage with the NVR route is easy setup but I realise the limitations so it would be great to see what others have done with hardware and Blue Iris.