NVR4104-P-4KS2/L won't see WD22PURZ

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought Dahua NVR and it won't see WD Purple 2TB HDD. I initialized and formatted HDD under Windows with NTFS file system and still nothing. What to do?

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's what I did first. Plugged factory new drive to NVR and nothing. I can't see HDD anywhere in the settings. That's why I tried under Windows. I also tried two other HDD's and NVR only beeps and red led from hdd is light up. I don't know what's wrong. At all I tried 3 hdd's and two sata cables. I also updated NVR firmware to the latest version.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You should have a tab under "Storage" that looks something like this depending on your FW

NVR-HD.jpg

Also check you log on bootup to see if there is any message

Have you looked at the recording in playback to see if video is being recorded? Your HD could be just fine

Recording schedule must be set first
02.jpg 02-b.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Problem solved. Blue short Dahua SATA cable was broken. I replaced SATA cable with another from Asus motherboard and it worked. Honestly I didn't expected that new SATA cable could be broken.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Problem solved. Blue short Dahua SATA cable was broken. I replaced SATA cable with another from Asus motherboard and it worked. Honestly I didn't expected that new SATA cable could be broken.
"If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail."
-Heraclitus

:cool:

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have one more question. If camera is connected by PoE directly to the NVR it does not need LAN connection to record? It directly saves to HDD without router?