NVR4104HS, how to make cam get detected?

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have got a NVR4104HS and started it up, upgraded to version 4 firmware as it asked me to do. i have a HDW5442TM-AS camera for it, i have defaulted it wit the button on the back of it, plug it in and it will not detect the camera at all. i cant even manually add the camera.
i hook it up to my PC and us the dahua tools and it finds the camera ok, i can initialize it ok etc.. but the NVR wont detect the camera.
what am i doing wrong??

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello there!

Couple of things which are unclear: how are you connecting to your NVR? Are you working on local screen? (that is the easiest way). How is your camera connected (eg on POE port, eg through your LAN)? How did you "search" for your camera?

What I would suggest:
  • factory reset the cam (one last time)
  • reboot the NVR
  • connect VGA/HDMI screen
  • connect the CAM in POE port 1 (assuming you have POE)
  • wait until you see the networking icon and feed --> no need to fiddle with IP addresses and shizzle.

If you are connecting through your local LAN, the procedure is a bit different yet not that complex.

Good luck!
CC

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it is currently stand alone, hdmi connection to monitor.
i have factory reset the camera again, rebooted nvr, the 4 empty live view screens have come up, connected camera to it, nothing is happening.
yes it is poe nvr.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
it is currently stand alone, hdmi connection to monitor.
i have factory reset the camera again, rebooted nvr, the 4 empty live view screens have come up, connected camera to it, nothing is happening.
yes it is poe nvr.
Have a look at this: (random youtube video showing the "search for camera")

Does this help?
CC

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no, screen is totally different plus doesnt show any cameras in the registration screen.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here is the registration screen, nothing showing, i press the "device search" button, it searches and finds nothing.

Attachments

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
man i got it working, im an idiot.
i set up the firewall in the nvr to allow the MAC address of only one computer to access the NVR, it seems it blocks all the cameras as well.
once i disabled that it worked perfectly, detected the camera straight away and i added it straight away and its working as it should now.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
man i got it working, im an idiot.
i set up the firewall in the nvr to allow the MAC address of only one computer to access the NVR, it seems it blocks all the cameras as well.
once i disabled that it worked perfectly, detected the camera straight away and i added it straight away and its working as it should now.
That's a weird firewall rule to block the cams itself, but I'm happy you sorted it out on your own ;-)

Happy Camming!
CC