NVR4108-8P-4KS2 lost one camera?

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello!

I have six cameras connected to my NVR, three of them straight via NVR's ports, and three via separate switch that is connected both to my NVR and to my router (so those cameras get 192.168 -addresses via DHCP). Things has been working fine for a long time, until recently (after power outage) one of those cameras connected to that switch is no longer showing to my NVR although I can connect separately to that camera without problems.

1575288772005.png

If I go to my browser and connect to 192.168.0.153, everything works, I can connect and see the camera picture etc. But via NVR, using the same IP address and same credentials that I use connecting via web page, the red cross just stays there. This is really strange, does anyone have any idea why my NVR refuses to connect to that single camera altough the camera is alive and well?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Been scratching my head on this... You've unplugged it and reconnected?

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been scratching my head on this... You've unplugged it and reconnected?
Yes, in fact I have also powered that separate switch off and back on, and the same two cameras return online when I look them via NVR, but this one does not. Although I can log straight into that camera as well... :/

Because I don't have UPS connected to that switch, when power goes off, sometimes my routers DHCP server gives new IP addresses to those three cameras, but it's easy to fix: I just check the new IP addresses via router and then change them to NVR and everything works again. Unfortunately, last time only two cameras out of three came back "normally". But all in all, this is really strange, as it's clear that camera is still working and I can log in via camera's IP address!

Gilean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, I managed to solve this by switching that one camera to static IP instead of dynamic one. I set it as 192.168.0.170, but didn't change anything else. After I changed the same IP to my NVR's settings, it suddenly reappeared there as well! So, although everything works again, I have no idea why I had to change the IP address before my NVR found the camera, especially since I could log straight into that camera with its old IP address as well!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello!

I have six cameras connected to my NVR, three of them straight via NVR's ports, and three via separate switch that is connected both to my NVR and to my router (so those cameras get 192.168 -addresses via DHCP). Things has been working fine for a long time, until recently (after power outage) one of those cameras connected to that switch is no longer showing to my NVR although I can connect separately to that camera without problems.

View attachment 51558

If I go to my browser and connect to 192.168.0.153, everything works, I can connect and see the camera picture etc. But via NVR, using the same IP address and same credentials that I use connecting via web page, the red cross just stays there. This is really strange, does anyone have any idea why my NVR refuses to connect to that single camera altough the camera is alive and well?
Hi Gilean,

Hmmm... wondering if you are encountering the following:

1) Is it an 8 channel NVR?
2) If so, then NVR had 6 cameras on it, with 2 available channels.
3) Power cycle caused the 3 cameras on the WAN side to get issued new DHCP addresses?
4) NVR has 3 channels allocated already for cameras connected to the NVR PoE ports, has 3 channels allocated to 3 cameras with old DHCP address.. and then it allocated 2 MORE NEWLY assigned channels for 2 "new" ( what it thinks are new ) cameras that have been assigned 2 NEW DHCP addresses - and when the 3rd camera is attempted the NVR rejects it as it has already assigned 8 channels to cameras.

This is what I would suspect when you describe your issues.