NVR4204-P IVS time line markers for intrusion/tripwire AWOL

Jeroen1000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So at the playback tab I'm only getting the green line marking (Regular recording). The orange IVS-markers are gone. I'm not sure what I've done to cause this honestly. File list also does not show them.

I'm still getting events on my smartphone and on the NVR under info > log the tripwire and intrusion events are also still listed. I've attached screenshots of my config.

Does anyone see an issue or do I need to check elsewhere as well?

Many thanks for the extra pair of eyes on this!

Attachments

Jeroen1000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Fastb!

It's working again. I fiddled with some settings before I went to bed. Still experimenting but I *think* the one that did the trick is checking the Message box (see Intrusion settings 1.png in my opening post). I'm going to test tonight to confirm.

Jeroen1000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So it was not the message box. I don't know what it is for :) To get this working again, I just deleted all tripwires in the GUI of the camera (so not in the NVR-GUI). Rebooted NVR + CAM and then recreated the tripwire + intrusion zones in the CAM GUI (so not in the NVR GUI) and everything worked again. Funny thing: if I edit any existing tripwire/intrusion zone settings in the NVR GUI, it creates new ones every time instead of editing the existing tripwire or intrusion zone. This 'creation' event seems to happen when I click save in the NVR GUI. So I ended up with a bunch of them and as a consequence I was getting swamped by e-mails and push notifications.

So it appears best to manage tripwires and intrusion zones in the CAM GUI and leave the NVR-GUI for what it is: look but don't touch. It just messes sh*t up.
Also, after deleting the tripwires and intrusion zone's the NVR kept saying 'can't get channel x' config. So I was forced to create them in the CAM GUI. After and NVR-reboot the NVR did not complain any more.