NVR4208-4K Motion Detection Playback Problem

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I added my Dahua HDW4431C-A cam to NVR4208 with no problem. Live view is awesome! When playing back a motion detection, most times a few seconds of the clip disappears, see attached video...the vehicle disappears. I lowered frame rate to 20 and set to 1920X1080, still same problem.
Anything else I can try?

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try adding a setting one at a time. For example on my first NVR I noticed that when I had "snapshot" enabled, email and motion detection, etc the machine might get bogged down and skip a few frames once in a while. Too much going on maybe..

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also noticed that the time skipped 4 seconds.

What happens if you just playback regular..? Does it still skip...?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also noticed that the time skipped 4 seconds.

What happens if you just playback regular..? Does it still skip...?
Motion detection video clips indeed skip 4 seconds.
In regular play same problem.
Later I will turn off "snapshot"....will post what happens.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fastb, @nayr, @JimandYen, This might be a stupid question but I have to ask, does your Dahua NVRs have a model and serial number tag on the unit?

Last edited by a moderator:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine has a sticker on the outside of the case with the model # and serial #.

You should see your serial # in the menu also under INFO -- SYSTEM -- VERSION

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks JimandYen for your fast reply! I will have to check later in the menu.

Do you know what processor is in your NVR? My NVR has Main Processor Dual-core embedded processor.

I think the frame skipping problem might be due to the processor in the NVR unable to handle the load of the videos.
This morning I started playing back "motion detect" video clips in "sync", (mind you that I only have 2 cams connected to NVR) the video started stuttering like crazy as in this video clip posted on youtube, From comment section,

"MrBlowmyselfup Unfortunately that wasn't the cause of the issue. After I powered the camera directly with 12v and plugged it into a regular ethernet switch it performed flawlessly. I narrowed it down to the NVR. Running multiple 4mp streams at max resolution and bitrate causes it to stutter. After upgrading to a better model the issue is resolved:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not really sure what could be causing that.

I have a 5416 series which has a quad core processor.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He was running multiple 4MP streams at max and bitrate which the first NVR could not handle. Makes sense if his NVR had a dual core processor it would not be able to handle the streams.

Unfortunately the person who posted that video on youtube did not write which NVR he had, and which better model he upgraded to.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are both cameras having this same problem..? If it's just one it could be a camera fault. You never know..

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both have problem.

I was able to contact Dahua technical service department in California. The Tech was very helpful and kind. We tried a few things but nothing helped.
I also explained to the tech about the VGA port does not work...connected to 2 different known good LED display using the VGA port, screen remained black.
I have been using hdmi out port connected to 32" HDTV with no problem.

Tech's advice to me was to send NVR back to seller because unit is not covered under a Dahua warranty. Unit was purchased on ebay...I think I am fooked :).

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry.. :(

It wouldn't hurt to contact the Ebay seller. At least let them know what happened. Also on the feedback form. You never know.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He was running multiple 4MP streams at max and bitrate which the first NVR could not handle. Makes sense if his NVR had a dual core processor it would not be able to handle the streams.

Unfortunately the person who posted that video on youtube did not write which NVR he had, and which better model he upgraded to.
Still massive user error. Why people are running 2MP cameras at 12Mbps for example and not understanding what the quality setting means is crazy.

NVR4208-4K supports 12MP cameras. It'll be fine with some 4MP ones setup properly.

It looks like an i-frame issue, please post these settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Both have problem.

I was able to contact Dahua technical service department in California. The Tech was very helpful and kind. We tried a few things but nothing helped.
I also explained to the tech about the VGA port does not work...connected to 2 different known good LED display using the VGA port, screen remained black.
I have been using hdmi out port connected to 32" HDTV with no problem.

Tech's advice to me was to send NVR back to seller because unit is not covered under a Dahua warranty. Unit was purchased on ebay...I think I am fooked :).
Anto, it sounds like it's a dud. Get it sent back to eBay seller asap. I haven't had any of these issues with my sister's one and she has 5MP camera up and running fine.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
My NVR has a single very simple label, containing the model number.
No serial number, FCC statement, etc.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sorry my NVR is not easily accessible.. first I would have to remember where I hid it :p

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
nayr,
You probably have footage recorded that could refresh your memory.... :shame:
And backed up somewhere...

Wait! Another way to find the NVR: Just listen for its cooling fan.....

Tongue firmly in Cheek,
Fastb

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry.. :(
It wouldn't hurt to contact the Ebay seller. At least let them know what happened. Also on the feedback form. You never know.
It's been over 3 days since I emailed the seller directly to the company's email address. It's been over 24 hours since I messaged seller through Ebay.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's been over 3 days since I emailed the seller directly to the company's email address. It's been over 24 hours since I messaged seller through Ebay.
If I remember correctly when you give a seller bad feedback, they have a chance to dispute it and make it right. Sometimes the only way to get their attention is with really bad honest feedback.