NVR5208-8P-4KS2, port 3777 blocked on work by IT

Dobiwallah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here.

I changed from NetCam to a newly NVR5208-8P-4KS2 recorder, because the laptop could not handle the 4 4K cameras so well anymore. I've got everything running, the tripwires etc, just need some tweaking. I can log in via the webrowser on my work, and via the phone at home via DMSS. But it looks like the IT department has blocked port 3777. So I get a notification if somebody walks or drives on my driveway (camera IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV), but I can't get the video signal. Is there some sort of work around for this. If I type in my static IP in my phone, my browser send me to the play store to download DMSS...

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you just port forwarded the NVR?

If you do proper remote access network security (VPN) then you can get around it in a few ways.
OpenVPN looks like a standard encrypted connection to you connecting to a website. That's one-way to get around blocking filters.

Dobiwallah

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you just port forwarded the NVR?

If you do proper remote access network security (VPN) then you can get around it in a few ways.
OpenVPN looks like a standard encrypted connection to you connecting to a website. That's one-way to get around blocking filters.
I have openVPN running on a laptop at home, but vpn is blocked too by IT.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have openVPN running on a laptop at home, but vpn is blocked too by IT.
Is OpenVPN sending ALL of your traffic through the VPN or just the traffic for the cameras?

I know in schools they detect VPNs because they see it is the only connection established.

Dobiwallah

n3wb
Reaction score
Is OpenVPN sending ALL of your traffic through the VPN or just the traffic for the cameras?

I know in schools they detect VPNs because they see it is the only connection established.
At the moment I have done only port forwarding in the router. I know vpn is blocked, because the only place were my phone can't connect to my vpn server is on my work. They also blocked Teamviewer and RDP lately.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try by running your openvpn server on TCP 443, and using tls-crypt ?

Dobiwallah

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try by running your openvpn server on TCP 443, and using tls-crypt ?
I have done that when I started the vpn server a couple of years ago and gave up. With the NetCam Studio app I was able to receive all my cameras. I had forwarded port 443 to my internal port 8100. But that doesn't work with the DMSS app. According to all the information in the big web, all the incoming ports need to be the same as the internal ports. I will have another play tonight.

Dobiwallah

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I have done the next config and that is working on my mobile plan. I will give it a go when I am back on my work tomorrow.

Dahua DMSS comms settings Router9bew.jpg

Dahua DMSS comms settingsScreenshot_20210913-200229bew.jpg

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
You should think about your network security.. why do you forward so many ports. You should only forwars one port : the vpn server port.

There are some ways to block port 80 and 443 in company network i.e. block internet and use a whitelist.

if they are using a whitelist you must use cellular network. its impossible to trick the firewall.

Dobiwallah

n3wb
Reaction score
You should think about your network security.. why do you forward so many ports. You should only forwars one port : the vpn server port.

There are some ways to block port 80 and 443 in company network i.e. block internet and use a whitelist.

if they are using a whitelist you must use cellular network. its impossible to trick the firewall.
I got the port forwarding from the Dahuawiki. They recommended to forward these 5 ports: Dahuawiki

At least it worked. I get around the blockage with port 443. Now I can sort out how to reach the NVR via the vpn. If there is a good link how to do that?

NVR2.jpg