NVR5216-16P-4KS2E settings

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok the manual is crappy and the screen's are not even the same as mine.
So some help from you guys would be great.
When I log in and go to preview I have to choose mainstream or substream for every camera to see display for that camera.
How do I lock this setting in and not have to do this everytime?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the NVR itself I dont think you can.
On SmartPSS which i use to monitor, it saves the last setting. I prefer low-res and then double clicking any camera feed opens up the ful size high-res image.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks to you I also use Smartpss to monitor, the NVR is not friendly to me.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
bigredfish,

I added more cameras today and smartpss quit changing image to high-res image on any cam when I double click, any help would be appreciated.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ha, no sooner than I posted this it mysteriously started working. Been messing with this thing for 45 minutes now.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, some versions play better than others. I have 2.01.0 that seems to automatically go to Hi-res on double click as expected, but on another, newer version 2.02.1 it doesnt. I just right click and go to hi-res when i need to.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, some versions play better than others. I have 2.01.0 that seems to automatically go to Hi-res on double click as expected, but on another, newer version 2.02.1 it doesnt. I just right click and go to hi-res when i need to.
I was looking to see what version I had, can't seem to find that in properties. I got all but one camera installed yesterday so finally disabled old analog stuff. So nice to actually see whats what.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Version is V2.002.0000007.0

When I open Smartpss select substream on IP on right, then open the 16 camera view it will not open the image in high res when double clicking. I have to select the 9 camera view first, open an image here which goes into hi res and then switch to the 16 camera view. If I do it in that order it works.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Once the low res preview video is open, regardless of how many cameras I have up,you can right click on the video and get a menu to open hi res... at least on my 2.02.1 it does

There is a limit not sure if SmartPSS ir the DVR as to how much it can stream total...

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you set the "preview and playback" to the desired stream type in the system config? ( the little cog / gear top right )

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Once the low res preview video is open, regardless of how many cameras I have up,you can right click on the video and get a menu to open hi res... at least on my 2.02.1 it does

There is a limit not sure if SmartPSS ir the DVR as to how much it can stream total...
Yes, I can do this as well, but would rather double click into hi res

Have you set the "preview and playback" to the desired stream type in the system config? ( the little cog / gear top right )
I will check this.

Thanks you guys