NVR5216-16P-I configuration with perimeter protection

xxxlolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I came across your forum and it seems there are a lot of Dahua experts. I need you help because I have some doubt on the configuration of my devices.

IP camera: IPC-HFW2421R-ZS-IRE6 with firmware 2.600.0006.0.R,2017-05-26
NVR : NVR5216-16P-I with firmware V3.215.0000011.0, 2019-01-30

First question: are my IPC with the correct firmware or is there any updated one available? It seems the HFW2421 is not common as I were not able to find any info on this topic !

Second question/current issue:
I bought a new NVR a few days ago to do intelligent detection. Indeed my IPCs are a 2017 lite version, with no smart or even AI functions. And what is great apparently with my new NVR is that you can do the AI function on the device, and avoid changing the 12 IPC.
It is said my NVR can do up to 4 channel face detection and up to 16 channels perimeter protection. This is the topic I am interested in: doing perimeter protection on 6 of my 12 cameras. By saying perimeter protection I mean: putting in place an IVS tripwire detection, with an alarm trigger to be launched only if crossed by a human person.
I parametered everything and it seems working quite fine: IVS>Creating tripwire detection, with crossing AI function by device and object "human person". Now I have a big doubt as it seems the tripwire trigger functions but for every object, not only human. I have a big doubt like: is AI by device really activated??
Therefore I went to some DahuaWiki and other tutorials and saw I need to first go to "Smart plan" menu to active AI function, and parameter IVS thereafter. Problem: even with desactivating IVS first, when I go to "Smart plan" menu, the system tells me: "Does not support IVS plan setup". So, I am blocked.
Also: I have a menu I don't understand called "Video structurization", there I can cross some AI detection for 4 IPC max, which I did not do.
Finally, has anybody on the forum any experience with perimeter protection using 2017 lite IPC and new AI NVR?

Thanks so much by advance,

Laurent

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Salut Laurent,

are these screenshots from your NVR or your IPC? It looks like NVR but I'm not 100% sure.

So what I would suggest: forget about the NVR in the first place, go to the same setting on your IPC itself. To my understanding, an AI NVR can not replace the intelligence of AI in the cam ("augment it"), these AI signals have to come from the camera itself.
For example, in my NVR 5216 I also got "Facial Recognition" options for all of my cams, but entering them gives a similar error like you shown. These menus are not available at all within my cam, except the one which DOES have facial recognition. Setting it "enable" in the NVR, simply "ticks" that box in the camera. The NVR cannot provide Facial Recognition on a stream with the camera not able to handle face recognition.

Hence my question where these screenshots were coming from.

Good luck!
CC

xxxlolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Catcamstar !

Printscreens come from the NVR.

My Cams effectively are basic and have nothing natively. But the NVR5216-16P-I was said to be able to do it even if camera does not do it.
That is why in a lot of menus you have a dropdown: "AI by camera" or "AI by device" (NVR).

Best,

Laurent

PS: Even without AI, a goodly parametered IVS tripwire with minimum/maximum size target filter is quite impressive. But real recognition of human would be even better in my case.