NVR5216-4KS2 problems with new firware.

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to get IVS events to show on the timeline on the playback screen. I think it is because i need to activate the trigger period all box on the screen below. The problem im having is that it will not let me save it. If i click the all box then apply it just changes back to unchecked. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please.

Having a hard time getting my head around this latest firmware is anyone else finding it difficult.

The NVR is a NVR5216-4KS2 with DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000001.2.R.20191101 firmware
NVRcap.jpg

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to get IVS events to show on the timeline on the playback screen. I think it is because i need to activate the trigger period all box on the screen below. The problem im having is that it will not let me save it. If i click the all box then apply it just changes back to unchecked. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please.

Having a hard time getting my head around this latest firmware is anyone else finding it difficult.

The NVR is a NVR5216-4KS2 with DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000001.2.R.20191101 firmware
View attachment 51242
I rolled back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So were you having the same problem?

I want to stay with this version as email notification is important to me.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So were you having the same problem?

I want to stay with this version as email notification is important to me.
I prefer push notifications so I didn’t try email. My issue was they took away the web links to my cameras that allowed me to connect and configure them individually. Because the cameras are on the Dahua 10 network it’s hard to get to them any other way. Maybe they felt that was a security issue. In any case, one I saw that I rolled back.
I have a ticket opened on it so we will see what happens. I did like the UI and other changes though.

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I haven't looked at push notifications yet maybe that's a better option. Dahua make fantastic cameras and hardware they just need to get there software sorted.

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Msnow what firmware version did you roll back to?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try using IE?

There is some chat about the new version not displaying some buttons/features with browsers otheer than IE. Ican't imagiune they would remove the ability to access the cams from the NVR. I know on the 42xx series I have it works fine with IE.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try using IE?

There is some chat about the new version not displaying some buttons/features with browsers otheer than IE. Ican't imagiune they would remove the ability to access the cams from the NVR. I know on the 42xx series I have it works fine with IE.
The issue is that my network is on the 192.168.1.1 network and the cams are using Dahua’s 10.1.x.x network segment for the PoE ports so they are not reachable unless I change my PC or Mac to the 10 network to get access. There is a button in the Device CFG menu of SmartPSS that lets you link to your default browser to the NVR web interface. The prior firmware (the one I rolled back to) has the IE link next to each camera. That disappeared in 4.0. See below.
Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 5.43.28 AM.png

Attachments

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try accessing them from the NVR not SmartPSS
Access is very limited that way. Many more configuration options are avail directly on the cameras. That’s why they had the link. Bottom line, it’s not worth the hassle to use the new firmware if I lose needed functionality.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood you. I meant accessing the cameras directly yes, but through the NVR interface (not SmartPSS). I can;t imagine they took that functionality away.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood you. I meant accessing the cameras directly yes, but through the NVR interface (not SmartPSS). I can;t imagine they took that functionality away.
Not sure what you mean. Which menu are you referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVR web interface itself - Registration tab

View attachment 51331
View attachment 51332
I probably wasn’t clear. I need to access the cameras directly occasionally to configure things like shutter and latch timing, field of view, focus, white balance, etc.. but there are dozens and dozens of things like that on our cameras. I’m not sure I can even change DHCP to static and visa versa without doing that on the camera itself.

Edit:

BTW, I see you have the web links next to each of your cameras. Mine disappeared after the upgrade to 4.0 which is why I rolled back. You’re on 4?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes but that’s a 4208 NVR

Some have said that certain buttons disappear unless you use the IE browser - Like those web links

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Some have said that certain buttons disappear unless you use the IE browser - Like those web links
I’ve tried every browser there is. Anyway, we will see how Dahua responds to my ticket. Thanks for the info.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I reinstalled the update to 4 and you are right. The web links are in there. Thanks!