Nvr52XX series no power saving/sleep mode

eman

n3wb
Reaction score
New user of Dahua NVR52XX-4KS2 8 port non POE is wondering how everyone uses the VGA or HDMI
connection to the Monitor ie the OSD

The monitor displays the cams in different configurations depending on what is selected. But does the Monitor ever get into sleep/power saver mode ? Normally it is the Operating system that puts the Display into sleep mode. I do not see any option to do this in the NVR.
Ideally I would like the Display to go into sleep mode after a specified time if there if no trigger like Motion or Alarm to wake it

Blue Iris sleeps the monitor when there is no trigger and wakes up the Monitor when there is a trigger. But is has options to do this under Windows.
Is there a way to do this with the NVR52XX series ? Right now my Monitor stays on indefinitely. Suggestion to Dahua below

Hi Darryl,
Thanks for your idea!
You mean that it is better for the NVR Firmware to support sleep mode (connected to monitor) if there is no motion triggered?
I will report this to R&D team to let them evaluate whether it will be integrated in further Firmware.
Thank you again.
Best Regards

Lavender Sun

Thanks in advance to all

Last edited:
Reaction score
New user of Dahua NVR52XX-4KS2 8 port non POE is wondering how everyone uses the VGA or HDMI
connection to the Monitor ie the OSD

The monitor displays the cams in different configurations depending on what is selected. But does the Monitor ever get into sleep/power saver mode ? Normally it is the Operating system that puts the Display into sleep mode. I do not see any option to do this in the NVR.
Ideally I would like the Display to go into sleep mode after a specified time if there if no trigger like Motion or Alarm to wake it

Blue Iris sleeps the monitor when there is no trigger and wakes up the Monitor when there is a trigger. But is has options to do this under Windows.
Is there a way to do this with the NVR52XX series ? Right now my Monitor stays on indefinitely. Suggestion to Dahua below

Hi Darryl,
Thanks for your idea!
You mean that it is better for the NVR Firmware to support sleep mode (connected to monitor) if there is no motion triggered?
I will report this to R&D team to let them evaluate whether it will be integrated in further Firmware.
Thank you again.
Best Regards

Lavender Sun

Thanks in advance to all
I would also like this for my NVR as I have the same type but 16 ch.
Keep us informed of any progress please
Chow

Reaction score
There is another option I have discovered.
If you go to the main menu and select SYSTEM then under GENERAL you will see one of the fields says "auto log out" next to it is a button called "Monitor Channels Logout". The default timer is 10 min up to 60 min. You click on the Monitor button and allows you to individually select each channel separately, the "all" button didn't really work for me. My display says D1 to D16. now assuming you have all cameras installed you can deselect some or all cameras and after 10 minutes the cam will disappear form the main display. I call this going to sleep. To wake it up you need to log in again. All other cams not "deselected" will permanently on. Seems this might be a privacy setting if its in a control room and lots of people around. It keeps recording and play back is available.
Cheers