NVR5416-16P-4KS2E and Smart PSS help.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

I'm having some initial setup problems.

1) HDMI 1 is my downstairs TV.

HDMI 2 is my upstairs TV.

I am using a HDMI extender from HDMI 2 to my upstairs TV. I am also using a USB extender connected to one of the USB ports on the NVR.

All I ever see on my upstairs TV is camera D2. I have tried changing the channel HDMI 2 using the settings below, to various channels. Nothing ever changes on the upstairs TV.

How do I get full control on my upstairs TV? I don't want to see just one channel. I want to be able to navigate the menus, look at recordings, etc. upstairs, exactly like I can downstairs. I want to be able to look at one channel or all channels, exactly as I can downstairs.

And why am only seeing channel D1?

As you can see, I tried setting the channel to "D5", and nothing changes upstairs, it's still D1.

My downstairs TV is 1080p, my upstairs 4K.

2) How do I access recordings using Smart PSS on my PC? I can only see live view.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happens if I set HDMI to a resolution that my TV doesn't support? I changed HDMI1 to something higher than 1080p, just to see what would happen. I'm getting a blank screen now on the downstairs TV.

I wanted to see if it would change what was showing on the upstairs TV.

Last edited:

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I reset the resolution on the HDMI inputs?

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using a HDMI extender or splitter?
HDMI1 is connected directly to the downstairs TV. That's the 1080p TV. I had set HDMI1 to a higher resolution than 1080p to see if something would change.

HDMI2 is connected to a HDMI extender, which is going to the upstairs 4K TV. That's the one that always shows channel D1, no matter what. I also tried plugging the mouse into the USB extender, but nothing happens. As you can see in the screen shot, I tried selecting channel D5 for HDMI 2, just to see if it would stop showing channel D1. But it didn't.

I want to fix my downstairs TV.

I want full normal control on my upstairs TV, just like I had on the upstairs TV. I want to be able to view different channels, view playback, etc.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know what happened to @jmcu's post. But that screen shot helped. I can see the PSS playback section now. I figured how how to playback. Great!

How do I reset the resolution on HDMI1 so it's 1080p?

Or how do I get full mouse control on my TV upstairs through HDMI 2 so I can change the settings? How do I change it so it stops showing channel D1?

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I logged into my NVR through my web browser, then went to system, display, and changed HDMI 1 back to 1080p. Thank goodness.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, my last remaining question in this thread. How do I get my upstairs TV to stop showing channel 1?

How can I have full control, and go to various system menus?

Why is it only showing channel 1? Based on the screen shot above, it should at least show channel 5.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I've got it so it's "touring" on HDMI 2 to the upstairs TV.

How can I get full system control on the upstairs TV from the mouse? I want access to all of the menus, just like I can on the downstairs TV.

I have the bottom USB mouse port controlling my downstairs TV.

I have the top USB mouse port going to a USB extender to the upstairs TV. But nothing happens when I try a mouse on the upstairs TV.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I realized that the USB extender still only controls what happens on the NVR downstairs. It doesn't control what happens upstairs.

It looks like there isn't a way for any of the USB ports to control what happens on HDMI 2.

I think my outstanding question is still how can I get full system control through HDMI 2 on the TV upstairs? It's pointless to just have it show one channel or have it tour through channels.

I want to be able to do whatever I can do downstairs, also upstairs.

Is this still possible to do through HDMI 2?

Or do I need a powered HDMI splitter, and to split HDMI 1?

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I realized that the USB extender still only controls what happens on the NVR downstairs. It doesn't control what happens upstairs.

It looks like there isn't a way for any of the USB ports to control what happens on HDMI 2.

I think my outstanding question is still how can I get full system control through HDMI 2 on the TV upstairs? It's pointless to just have it show one channel or have it tour through channels.

I want to be able to do whatever I can do downstairs, also upstairs.

Is this still possible to do through HDMI 2?

Or do I need a powered HDMI splitter, and to split HDMI 1?
Bump?

coltechaz

n3wb
Reaction score
@nuraman00
At least you have a video signal from your NVR5432. I have two NVR5432's with most current firmware and don't have any video output on the HDMI2 connector. I can use the menu bar trick on screen 1 to view/select what should be displayed on screen 2 but I can't seem to enable any actual video from the HDMI2 despite various setting combinations and reboots.

In your screenshot above, I don't have that last option settings line Screen No,: ____, Channel: ____, Audio Input: ____ even though I have Screen 2 enabled above.

Can I ask what NVR firmware version you are using?

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nuraman00
At least you have a video signal from your NVR5432. I have two NVR5432's with most current firmware and don't have any video output on the HDMI2 connector. I can use the menu bar trick on screen 1 to view/select what should be displayed on screen 2 but I can't seem to enable any actual video from the HDMI2 despite various setting combinations and reboots.

In your screenshot above, I don't have that last option settings line Screen No,: ____, Channel: ____, Audio Input: ____ even though I have Screen 2 enabled above.

Can I ask what NVR firmware version you are using?
I went to System-->Upgrade.

It says System version 3.215.0000001.0. Build Date 2018-03-26.

As for the issues earlier in this thread, I ended up using a powered HDMI splitter. So the downstairs TV and upstairs TV have the same video output.

I can control the TV downstairs with the mouse, by using the USB port on the front of the NVR.

Then I have a USB Extender, going to the upstairs TV. I then have a wireless mouse connected via USB to the TV upstairs. So I can control the menu upstairs too, using a mouse I keep upstairs.

This was the only way I could get all 8 camera feeds on both TVs, and also have mouse control over both TVs.