NVR5432-16P-I Recording Schedule

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently switched from a 16 Camera Blue Iris setup to the Dahua NVR5432-16P-I from Andy and I'm trying to set it to record motion/alarm/IVS events only but with "General" selected in the recording schedule it records every 24x7 and if I turn that off leaving MD&Alarm+IVS it appears that nothing is recorded. What's also weird is that I see SMD events on the AI search page but when I'm looking at the playback page it only shows the Green general 24x7 which makes it hard to spot SMB/IVS events and if I turn off General recording (then reboot NVR) then I can still see SMB/IVS events in the AI search page but I cant view them as it says no file exists. Like nothing works unless I record 24x7 and I cant figure how what Im missing here. Probably spent 4+ hours trying to figure this out before reaching out to Andy (He said he is going to ask engineers later this week) but hoping someone here has an easy answer or can spot something I have set wrong.

NVR Search: SMB Search: IVS Search: SMB Settings Example: Storage Schedule: Record Mode:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using the web GUI on the NVR? I see you are
Are you using IE browser?

Last edited:

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update: Figured out the problem so posting here in case someone else runs into the same issue. For the NVR schedule, I only had MD&Alarm + IVS selected (Thinking MD&Alarm = Motion Detection & Alarm) and that wasn't recording anything. When I switched to the "Motion + Alarm + IVS" selection (3 checkboxes) suddenly that resolved the issue.