Object movement with make time

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just setup one camera with 3 non-overlapping zones and am using object movement (A-B, A-C, B-C) between any 2 zones to trigger recording. I'm not sure how "make time" applies here, if I'm set to 1.0 second, do I need 1 second of motion moving between zones, or in each zone, or something else??

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My understanding is the motion needs to be present in any zone for the make time duration before zone crossing starts "looking" for crossing into another zone. Once the crossing is confirmed the trigger is tripped. This is not confirmed or proven, just what I've concluded from experminting with zone crossing.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think (and I very well could be wrong) that "make time" is the length of time that movement (that meets all of the criteria for being an object) needs to exist before BI actually considers it an object and starts following where it moves to after that.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, so maybe I have to reduce make time since some of my zones are fairly narrow. Hopefully someone chimes in who has experimented with this enough to have a definitive answer...