Occasional blank video only on BI3 UI playback

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I upgraded my computer in the last 2 days and followed BI instructions for deactivating key, exporting the BI registry, etc.
Downloaded the most current/stable version of BI (5.5.9.6 x64), which I had on my 'old' pc, and installed it, reactivated the key and imported the registry.
Everything, all settings, appear to match my old PC (I checked) and BI runs, all cameras showing up, etc.
However, occasional clips on BI, not specific to any one of my 15 cams, will play a blank video instead of the clip. These are recent clips only since the new computer/install.
If I play the same clip directly from the BI console, it always play fine.
It's random on which clip it might be and which camera it might be (so far that I can tell) and it's not so frequent that it's unbearable but it regularly is happening (guessing 1 out of every 15-20 clips?).
I've tried both IE & Chrome, same results for same clips/cameras.
I can hover over clips in the UI and know that clip will not play because for a split second the preview window shows video, then blank. Of course then clicking on the clip to play will just show a blank video for the duration of the clip.
I can hear the sound from the clip but no video.
Here is the odd(er) thing. If I find a clip that does this and click on it, it's blank with sound.
But, if I click on a couple of clips above it and use the down arrow to move down to that clip, then it plays!?!
sometimes if I click somewhere else (on a couple other clips) and click back on the clip it may play with video and sound but it always seems to play when I use the down arrow to get to it from clips above it.
I don't see any obvious issues in the log file for any of the clips at the time the clip was created. I even searched for the camera name in the log file and no errors were listed for that camera.
Not sure where else to look since imported settings are the same even for each camera.
Ideas or suggestions? Sorry for the lengthy post, wanted to make sure there was good info here to help.

FYI: my system is a HP with i5-12400, 32Gb DDR4 RAM and BI is running from a 512Gb NVIe m.2 drive.
The clips are stored on another SSD drive, (1 Tb). My average cpu hovers around 6-8% and average memory usage stays around 28%

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Made a discovery. I didn't mention in my original post that I have a GE Force 1030 video card installed.
Here are my troubleshooting steps performed:
1) I did a create new database and regenerate, no change, still shows blank video on clips.
2) I changed the HW Decode on three cameras, that were showing blank video clips, from Nvidia to Intel, that made the difference. All clips on those 3 cameras play normally.
The Nvidia card was installed on this system when I bought it so it is a clean driver install from NVidia.
Are there any Nvidia settings somewhere that I should change?
I prefer not to set all of my 15 cameras to Intel HW Decode since this will up my CPU usage considerably.