Odd loss of camera feed

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running 4.6.4.6 x64, Intel i7 930 with 7 cameras ranging from a 0.9mp to 3.0mp. CPU runs around 10%.

Last night we lost power, but all cameras are on UPS and generator came on line within a minute. Apparently one camera's UPS failed, so it did lose power for a minute or so. Here's the odd thing, when I startup the Android app this morning to check for activity, all the cameras are frozen to images at the time of power loss, but they don't show any errors.

So I try viewing one camera's live feed image and it won't come up. But I find if I use the app to disable and then re-enable it comes back online. I then do that for the other cameras and all is well. I just checked the BI log and don't see anything unusual.

I do have watchdog turned on for the cameras, but apparently it doesn't apply to whatever was going on here. Any idea what happened?

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running 4.6.4.6 x64, Intel i7 930 with 7 cameras ranging from a 0.9mp to 3.0mp. CPU runs around 10%.

Last night we lost power, but all cameras are on UPS and generator came on line within a minute. Apparently one camera's UPS failed, so it did lose power for a minute or so. Here's the odd thing, when I startup the Android app this morning to check for activity, all the cameras are frozen to images at the time of power loss, but they don't show any errors.

So I try viewing one camera's live feed image and it won't come up. But I find if I use the app to disable and then re-enable it comes back online. I then do that for the other cameras and all is well. I just checked the BI log and don't see anything unusual.

I do have watchdog turned on for the cameras, but apparently it doesn't apply to whatever was going on here. Any idea what happened?
Off topic but I find watchdog to not work consistently. I have it set to alert me via the app and I never get the skertd when cameras go down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the BI computer also on a UPS?
If not, something could be corrupted on the BI server due to the power cut.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good question. Yes, desktop is on UPS and never had an interruption. Strikes as weird that hitting disable on the phone app fixes the issue...

Is the BI computer also on a UPS?
If not, something could be corrupted on the BI server due to the power cut.