of message in status bar

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
I attached an image show the message I have in my status bar. "!! E: -38.1G" Anyone know what this means?

Using Windows 10 Pro, BI Version 4.8.6.3 x64

thanksStatus Bar Msg.JPG

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hard disk allocation error for storage of your clips. You need to post a screenshot of the "Clip Storage" tab from the Status icon (top left with a chart and rising arrow).

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that answers the question. thanks. I have some files to delete.Over allocation error.JPG

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to sort out the over allocation itself. Essentially you’ve allocated more storage space then is available so sit down work it all out and shrink some of your allocated space settings.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Deleting files will not solve your problem. You do not have your space allocated correctly. If you manually delete files rebuild the database.

My Standard allocation post.

1) Do not use time (limit clip age)to determine when BI video files are moved or deleted, only use space. Using time wastes disk space.
2) If New and stored are on the same disk drive do not used stored, set the stored size to zero, set the new folder to delete, not move. All it does is waste CPU time and increase the number of disk writes. You can leave the stored folder on the drive just do not use it.
3) Never allocate over 90% of the total disk drive to BI.
4) if using continuous recording on the BI camera settings, record tab, set the combine and cut video to 1 hour or 4 GB.
5) it is recommend to NOT store video on an SSD (the C: drive).
6) Do not run the disk defragmenter on the video storage disk drives. Do not run virus scanners on BI folders

Advanced storage:
If you are using a complete disk for large video file storage (BVR) continous recording, I recommend formatting the disk, with a windows cluster size of 1024K (1 Megabyte). This is a increase from the 4K default. This will reduce the physical number of disk write, decrease the disk fragmentation, speed up access.