Oh boy, WTH did I do

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i noticed there was an app update today. after installing it said upgrade your server software. i did (currently have 5). during this i noticed my support expired so i re-upped the yearly maintenance and support. after i paid it gave me a key but when i entered it in it said this was a maintenance key, not a license key. that is not the bad part as i know i can fix that. after all this, my genius noticed BI 4 was still installed. so i proceeded to uninstall it. i said no do not delete registry or license entries. once it completed i noticed my web browser lost connection so i checked server. i ran the same shortcut i always do (version 5 for sure) and it loaded but showed i was not registered and i lost all of my cameras and settings. i confirmed that BI4 and BI5 are installed in two separate directories. upon looking at BI5 directory there are a few files called backup files including the one from my upgrade about a year ago. the most recent is today when i did the update and one two days ago. i tried importing these settings via the app and got nothing. these backup files are listed as registry entries and are about 1.7MB. backup, backup2, backup3, and backup_upgrade_50 which is about 2x the size of the others.

do i need to start from scratch or is there hope here?

thanks

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok nevermind. i tried a backup file that was two days older and it worked. whew! i am emailing support on my license issues