Old Newbie with questions

JohnIrish

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris for a while now... I have struggled since I am not familiar with IP address etc. Fortunately I live in a safe neighborhood & have only captured deer & turkeys! I do run a Linux system (Manjaro) but also have a windows computer to use with Blue Iris. I REALLY HATE Windows. LOL .. I wish Blue Iris would offer a LINUX version. That would be amazing.

My cameras all show two date & time strings.. how do I remove the wrong one?

Also.. there is a label "Camera 01" I would like to remove.

Recently, when I installed a new camera... Blue Iris could not find it. When I typed in the IP address myself it showed up. Anyone know why?

Thanks... really appreciate this forum.

John

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
To remove the time/date stamp from Blue Iris go into the camera config on Blue Iris, select the "video" tab and remove the check mark for "time/date" on the lower left. You can also edit those to remove the camera name IF it is being generated by Blue Iris.

If it's not being generated by Blue Iris it is being generated by the camera. There, you need to go into the camera configuration, itself, using the web GUI for that camera, typically just by typing the IP address into the address line of a web browser. Once logged in to the camera it will usually be under "video" for a general selection and "on screen display" to get to the specific location.

I always enter the IP address of a new camera to configure it. That is the simplest, most direct way, to get to the right camera the first time.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My cameras all show two date & time strings.. how do I remove the wrong one?
Blue Iris can display date and time and the camera can also.
I turn off BI's time/date overlay (Cam "settings"="Video") and use the cam's time/date myself.
Or log into the cam's webGUI using its IP and go to "settings"=> "system" => "OSD" or "overlay"=> "time/date".
Also.. there is a label "Camera 01" I would like to remove.
Log into the cam's webGUI using its IP, probably under "settings"=> "system" => "OSD" or "overlay" or the like, click on it and remove it.
Here you can also reposition where the date/time is located as well.

FYI, in BI, under cam "settings"=> "video" tab is shown the cam's IP and if you click on that IP it'll launch a browser and open the cam's embeded webGUI.

JohnIrish

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks TonyR ..... I tried that and it worked.... I use Chrome so I also needed to download an IE extenstion on chrome to open the camera in that browser window. Its nice to get rid of the useless info.

thanks