One camera is ignoring global schedule?

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I just updated to version 4.4 and one of my cams is refusing to follow global schedule, and is stuck on one profile (#3).

See the title here:M3cK1QN.png

I checked the per camera settings and override global schedule is not checked. Even when I do check it to see if I can get it to change, it refuses and sticks to profile 3. Global profile toggles in top right of BI program also have no effect.

All other cams follow schedule normally, any idea how to reverse whatever might of happened to it?

Thanks

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just tried importing and old known working backup (.reg) and it still is stuck on profile 3. Really scratching my head at this, should I just reinstall or am I missing something?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried importing and old known working backup (.reg) and it still is stuck on profile 3. Really scratching my head at this, should I just reinstall or am I missing something?
I would report the problem to the developer...in the interim revert back to an older version.

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried removing the camera and then adding it back in?
Didn't want to reconfigure, but it was the only option. I even tried import the .reg of that single cam, and restoring it caused the same issue. Suppose something got corrupted.

I would report the problem to the developer...in the interim revert back to an older version.
Doesn't look like there are slightly old iterations of BI available, just some legacy versions. Anyhow re-adding/configuring has sorted out for now.

Thanks guys

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  • It has to do with the below remark in the update information. I had used BICommand.exe in the past to change profiles. It apparently stores this profile in the registry, reverting back to this profile whenever a schedule is active. I used BICommand.exe to send the profile=-1 to each of my cameras, and my schedules began to work properly.

"If you use the /admin?camera=cam1&profile=x method, this now overrides the camera's profile in all cases unless you are overriding the global profile number and do not have the option checked on the camera's Schedule page to ignore the global override. Sending a value of profile=-1 now will remove the override."

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I would like to know exactly where this value is in the BI's registry and just be able to clear it.

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
  • It has to do with the below remark in the update information. I had used BICommand.exe in the past to change profiles. It apparently stores this profile in the registry, reverting back to this profile whenever a schedule is active. I used BICommand.exe to send the profile=-1 to each of my cameras, and my schedules began to work properly.

"If you use the /admin?camera=cam1&profile=x method, this now overrides the camera's profile in all cases unless you are overriding the global profile number and do not have the option checked on the camera's Schedule page to ignore the global override. Sending a value of profile=-1 now will remove the override."

Thanks. Guess that explains it as I do use BICommand. Odd my other cams weren't affected though as they are configured similarly.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found the Registry Key that holds this Default Profile. CameraName is your camera name. When I send Profile=-1 it changes to ffffffff or 4294967295

computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Prespective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras\CameraName\Motion defprofile.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Found the Registry Key that holds this Default Profile. CameraName is your camera name. When I send Profile=-1 it changes to ffffffff or 4294967295

computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Prespective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras\CameraName\Motion defprofile.
I don't have that value now that deleted the camera and re-installed it. Wonder if that goes away ?? I looked on several of my cams and it does not exist.