One of my cameras will not open at full res in UI3 (but works fine directly in BI)

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 24 cameras running in BI 5.7.8.1.

1 (and only 1!) of these cameras does not like to play nice in UI3. However, it works just fine directly in BI.

This camera is a Reolink RLC-410 (1 of 10 cameras in my system). I have it set for mainstream (12FPS) and substream. The substream works just fine in UI3. When I try to maximize the cameras to view it in full resolution in UI3, it will drop to 0 FPS and give me errors like the camera can't be found or connection lost. 1 out every 5 tries, the camera will display just fine maxed out in UI3, but it is very sporadic and unpredictable.

I've restarted BI, restarted the camera, and restarted the Cisco POE switch.

Note - it does record it's clips in full HD from the main stream.

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When viewing all cams live in the BI console (not UI3), is the cam displaying sub stream until you double-click on its live window and then it properly displays main stream?

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When viewing all cams live in the BI console (not UI3), is the cam displaying sub stream until you double-click on its live window and then it properly displays main stream?
I think so - but how can I tell? It's one of 24 cameras - the resolution is like 360 x 360 when viewing "All Cameras" in the BI Console (not UI3).

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I think so - but how can I tell? It's one of 24 cameras - the resolution is like 360 x 360 when viewing "All Cameras" in the BI Console (not UI3).
As @TonyR mentioned ...you double-click on its live window and see if it will properly display (main stream)

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As @TonyR mentioned ...you double-click on its live window and see if it will properly display (main stream)
Yes - when I double click the camera (to make it full screen), it displays in full resolution.

Note - it doesn't say "Main Stream" anywhere - but I'm certain that it is.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@perfect777
If you enabled the "direct-to-wire" streaming feature at some point, that can introduce compatibility problems like this. The setting is found in Blue Iris Settings > Web server > Advanced > Encoder profiles: Streaming 0: Configure, but it is also available to be toggled in UI3's own streaming profiles if you ever edited those.

Reaction score
@perfect777
If you enabled the "direct-to-wire" streaming feature at some point, that can introduce compatibility problems like this. The setting is found in Blue Iris Settings > Web server > Advanced > Encoder profiles: Streaming 0: Configure, but it is also available to be toggled in UI3's own streaming profiles if you ever edited those.
Exactly this! And UI3 is excellent

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It doesn't appear that I have this enabled:

1693190616897.png

My UI3 (and BI) profile is "Active" - not sure how to correlate that to the "Streaming 0/1/2" encode profiles.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't appear that I have this enabled:

View attachment 170980

My UI3 (and BI) profile is "Active" - not sure how to correlate that to the "Streaming 0/1/2" encode profiles.
Different kind of profile. What I'm referring to is the streaming profiles (you screenshotted one above) and UI3's equivalent in UI3's Main Menu > Streaming Profiles. Each of UI3's streaming profiles must have a "Base Server Profile" that is one of Streaming 0/1/2.

Anyway it looks like this isn't your problem. I have no idea what could be causing your problem.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well he did say it is a Reolink camera....;)