One PC have problem with CPU usage and Cameras shutting off temporarily

a.d.j

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two PCs that are streaming the BI. In the last couple of weeks, CPU has been lingering at 100% (lowered FPS, etc. - no help) and cameras will go offline briefly before reappearing, then they shuffle with going offline and coming back online. We checked the PCs that are streaming it. 1 PC has no problem. The other PC caused the CPU to jump up to 100% and the cameras to start going offline. The difference between the two PCs is that one is wired into the LAN, while the other is wireless and doesn't need to go on the wifi to stream. I need to know how to resolve the issue with the PC that is wired into the LAN since that is the one causing the problem. It was using Chrome perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. Tried Edge last night and it worked fine … for a bit and started the same issue. Ended up unchecking that user so they are unable to stream the cameras (5). Unfortunately, that user is disabled and is the majority of the reason why there are cameras. Have checked for viruses and any infections on that PC and there are none. Have tried to change settings in the UI, but to no avail. I'm at a loss.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you done EVERY optimization in the wiki? Substreams are a must.

What is the i number and cpu number of the computer?

Please post a screenshot of the BI camera status that shows things like the FPS, bitrates, KEY, etc.

As updates happen to the computer, BI, more electronics added in a house, interference, IoTs added, etc., it is critical to be streaming out the lowest amount possible as BI video stream doesn't buffer like Netflix.

a.d.j

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you done EVERY optimization in the wiki? Substreams are a must.

What is the i number and cpu number of the computer?

Please post a screenshot of the BI camera status that shows things like the FPS, bitrates, KEY, etc.

As updates happen to the computer, BI, more electronics added in a house, interference, IoTs added, etc., it is critical to be streaming out the lowest amount possible as BI video stream doesn't buffer like Netflix.

I went through the BI CPU usage link, which I had already pulled up the last two days and gave directions to the person in the other room. They didn't do every camera. No issues now, it was all about Direct to Disc reading. He only changed it on one camera, not all of them and another camera was set incorrectly. Down to 41% and none of the cameras are unstable at this point. I will go through the rest step by step and make sure everything is taken care of. Still no issues as I've been monitoring for at least 30 minutes. Substreams, I'll need to look at b/c it just shows a dash underneath the word the BI software, but as I stated I will go through everything step by step.

BTW, FPS was set to 15 on all except user, which was set to 10. Couldn't find bitrates, or key, however.

Thank you for assistance. I truly appreciate it. If I still have questions afterwards, I'll report back and with those screenshots you requested.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the exact CPU type, now much memory ?
The frame rate and Iframe (KEY) values are set in the camera, not in BI.

screen shots ....

1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
3) blue Iris status cameras tab

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you turned off defrag on the video drive? Is the drive internal or USB?

You do know that Chrome does not release memory when you drop a page, it holds a huge amount in memory.
There is a setting down in the advances, something about "hold for use later", turn that off.