Only a manual reboot fixes this weird issue. Days spent attempting to resolve.

fpastrader

n3wb
Reaction score
On camera:
Device TypeDH-SD5A432XA-HNR
System VersionV2.810.0000025.0.R.P9.3216.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-03-17

DVR Details:

Device Model
DHI-NVR5216-4KS2

System Version
V4.002.0000000.6.R, Build Date: 2022-11-15

I set up the Snap shot settings in the DVR and on the Camera via the Web ui (on IE) and to take a snapshot every 10 minutes.

On the DVR in the FTP settings of Storage the SMTP server set up and without issue.

Every 10 minutes the snap shot taken and uploaded.

However everyday, literally everyday, this stops working. Nothing uploads and upon checking storage it's stopped taking snapshots. I've been working for days and days trying to work out what's happening to cause this, there is no issue with any of the settings that I can see - schedules etc. It just stops everyday.

The only solution - ONLY solution - that I've found to get it to start working again is to manually reboot the camera. So I set it to auto-reboot everyday and it still didn't fix it, I've just had to go and manually reboot the camera to start it again.

Does anyone have any idea what on earth is going on? I'm at the end of my tether and have spent so many days on this. I can provide print screens of anything required to aid.

Thanks very much.

fpastrader

n3wb
Reaction score
Having restarted the Camera this morning, there is a new issue. Despite this NOT happening for the last 3 days of manually resetting the camera, it's now randomly uploading .DAV files from random channels.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like you might be hacked.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should turn off UPnP in the router and disable any port forwarding in the router.

Then do a factory reset of the NVR and cameras and turn off UPnP and P2P in the NVR and cameras.

fpastrader

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Is there any possibility that there other settings I'm unaware of causing this to happen?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is always the possibility you accidently set it up to do that or the firmware got wonky, but some of the stuff you are saying would be kinda hard to accidently set it up like to randomly upload .DAV files.

fpastrader

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm currently following your advice, thanks again for your time. It appears the UPnP was always off in the NVR thankfully, I'm going to check the Cameras.

I'm starting to think it may be the firmware, because this NVR recently completely stopped working randomly and went sent off to Dahua to be fixed.

Because it's the camera that needs to be manually restarted each time I started to think it was being caused by the Camera, which never had a problem previously (and this snapshot was working fine before the NVR went off to be fixed).

Unfortunately I can't turn off P2P, I just tried this and the SmartPSS mobile app stopped showing the cameras. I have multiple security members who use this to manage my site.

Attachments