Only trigger alerts when door bell rings

Reaction score
I want to have a mobile push with the current front door camera image when someone presses the doorbell but I can't figure out how to achieve it.

I have a Vera smart home system with a doorbell hooked up. Therefore, I know when the doorbell is pushed and the Vera can for instance execute an HTTP command when the doorbell is pressed. I understand (I think) that I can trigger a camera in Blue Iris via HTTP and have a mobile push as a result, it all works beautiful. The problem is that I don't want the push when the camera is triggered be regular motion, ONLY when the doorbell is pressed. I guess what I am really asking it if I can have Blue Iris alert my mobile only on certain triggers?

Anyway I can do this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to have a mobile push with the current front door camera image when someone presses the doorbell but I can't figure out how to achieve it.

I have a Vera smart home system with a doorbell hooked up. Therefore, I know when the doorbell is pushed and the Vera can for instance execute an HTTP command when the doorbell is pressed. I understand (I think) that I can trigger a camera in Blue Iris via HTTP and have a mobile push as a result, it all works beautiful. The problem is that I don't want the push when the camera is triggered be regular motion, ONLY when the doorbell is pressed. I guess what I am really asking it if I can have Blue Iris alert my mobile only on certain triggers?

Anyway I can do this?
in the alerts tab uncheck motion, leave external