Onvif device manager and all cams network

seboost

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I try to connect several cams on my network throught onvif device manager.

My goal is to eventually connect several cameras on my home network and those of garages on another network in order to be able to record the streams in real time.

Onvice device manager detects all the cameras on the network in my home but I can't connect even with one camera...

My first question concerns the use of the onvif device manager software, its use is Is it relevant to my objective or should I use another software?

greg1.jpg

I summarize where I am, namely connected with admin / security code of the camera on 192.168.10.153, but I can not get the video stream. however with the line rtsp:/admin:XXX@192.168.10.153:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif , I manage to see the stream with VLC.

Should I persevere with onvif devide manager?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I try to connect several cams on my network throught onvif device manager.

My goal is to eventually connect several cameras on my home network and those of garages on another network in order to be able to record the streams in real time.

Onvice device manager detects all the cameras on the network in my home but I can't connect even with one camera...

My first question concerns the use of the onvif device manager software, its use is Is it relevant to my objective or should I use another software?

View attachment 165466

I summarize where I am, namely connected with admin / security code of the camera on 192.168.10.153, but I can not get the video stream. however with the line rtsp:/admin:XXX@192.168.10.153:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif , I manage to see the stream with VLC.

Should I persevere with onvif devide manager?
Now that you know the RTSP stream's URL and you were already intending to view and record on a PC, you could try the free Blue Iris V5 demo to see how it works for you.

After 15 days you can decide to purchase it; it's a bargain at $64 USD. It can handle up to 64 cameras, but will run best on a PC that meets these minimum specifications....but the demo should work OK with a few cams on your PC to see if it suits your needs.

BTW, with an ONVIF-compatible cam as yours you should be able to input into BI (Blue Iris) the cam's IP, username and password, click on "Find/Inspect" and it will find the camera and populate the path with the URL. It works with hundreds of different brands and models of cameras. Lot of support on this forum as well.

Last edited:

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Blue Iris suggestion puts you in complete control of anything you may want to do with your cameras now that you have the information provided by ODM.

If a simpler solution may be more suitable at the outset, there's always tinyCam as a more than adequate entry-level platform that can run reasonably well with several cameras on an Android TV box or later gen Firesticks. I use it on both a MiBox and a GoogleTV device with 12 cameras and it serves the desired purpose of providing displays on a couple TVs at $3.99 for a permanent license. Typical frame rates are about 50% of a given camera's actual frame rate depending on how many are active at any given time.
The interface is a little clunky at first but the platform is quite capable once some familiarity is acquired. I have a substantial BI setup along with a couple XVRs also in the mix and I still use tinyCam daily as a simple and effective viewing utility.