ONVIF not working on Dahua NVR with Hikvision camera DS-2CD2183G2-IU with firmware V5.7.12 and above

yrjc

n3wb
Reaction score
This is really annoying. I have 5 Hikvision cameras that works perfectly on my Dahua NVR. But I simply can´t get the DS-2CD2183G2-IU to work.
I can see a difference compared to firmware version V5.7.10 (This version works).
In network/advanced I can only choose between Digest and Digest&ws username token.
I suspect that this is where the problem lies.
In version V5.7.10 the auth menu is completely missing.
I have searched left and right for a solution without finding one.
Even more annoying: I received another Hikvision camera : DS-2CD2343G2-I with firmware version V5.7.10 and that worked within minutes.
I hope that someone has an idea for a solution.
UPDATE:
V5.7.10 doesn´t work with motion detection. You can set it up, but it is either on or off no matter what you do. I have a Hikvision camera with firmware version V5.6.2 and THAT works with motion detection.
With V5.7.12 (and .13) I can´t even connect. Looks to be a 'Digest' problem
This sucks.
I bought 2 Dahua IP cameras and they literally worked after just a few minutes. Same brand as the NVR so that is to be accepted.

Last edited:

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is really annoying. I have 5 Hikvision cameras that works perfectly on my Dahua NVR. But I simply can´t get the DS-2CD2183G2-IU to work.
I can see a difference compared to firmware version V5.7.10 (This version works).
In network/advanced I can only choose between Digest and Digest&ws username token.
Even more annoying: I received another Hikvision camera : DS-2CD2343G2-I with firmware version V5.7.10 and that worked within minutes.
Follow these steps exactly as listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yrjc

n3wb
Reaction score
That has of course already been tried. It works just fine with the second camera I mentioned but not the first one. Firmware V5.7.12 is different.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That has of course already been tried. It works just fine with the second camera I mentioned but not the first one. Firmware V5.7.12 is different.
Sorry, I missed where you said you tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any tips on connecting a brand-new DS-2CD2385G1-I ? Been trying to log into it and no luck finding its ip address.
Dahua nvr shows it using about 4 watts, but no connection.
I've used the ip address on the box and a few others suggested online.
SADP 3.1.1.4 won't work on two different computers, keeps saying it's missing some file "MSVCP120.dll was not found".

yrjc

n3wb
Reaction score
Please make sure that the IP address has been changed. If you can´t use the newest version of SDAP you need to either install VCredist x86 (plenty of help if you google it) or download an older version of SADP (2.0) or set the IP address manually by changing it on your local machine to 192.168.1.65 and then point to 192.168.1.64 in your browser.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Please make sure that the IP address has been changed. If you can´t use the newest version of SDAP you need to either install VCredist x86 (plenty of help if you google it) or download an older version of SADP (2.0) or set the IP address manually by changing it on your local machine to 192.168.1.65 and then point to 192.168.1.64 in your browser.
Thanks, that did it for me :thumb:
Went with changing my laptop IP. A little disappointed in the Hik set up, not able to tweak as much as the Dahua's.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can't get mine to work on y dahua nvr. Also, no audio in Blue Iris and no triggered recordings.