ONVIF - Only Certain Areas & Alert Types

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes. I wouldnt own them if they couldn’t. I use one exclusively for alerting me to people walking onto my driveway.
would you mind sharing your settings ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Up bitrate to 8192 and change to manual instead of shutter priority so that you can set gain as well and try intrusion box. Almost all of mine are intrusion boxes.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Well your settings look close to mine except I use intrusion boxes.

You might try deleting the cam from BI and then re-adding it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Explain in your words what isn't working instead of just saying it isn't working.

Are people moving around and it isn't triggering? If so, is the camera still in a triggered state and thus only showing one "alert"?

Is the camera not in a triggered state and it isn't triggering at all for some instances of people moving through the field of view?

Is it that it isn't saying "person"? If so I mentioned you have to go into the configure settings and add person in the memo.

So if you want it to say person, you create an IVS rule for it. If you want a vehicle, you create an IVS rule for it.

1714611006648.png

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Explain in your words what isn't working instead of just saying it isn't working.

Are people moving around and it isn't triggering? If so, is the camera still in a triggered state and thus only showing one "alert"?

Is the camera not in a triggered state and it isn't triggering at all for some instances of people moving through the field of view?

Is it that it isn't saying "person"? If so I mentioned you have to go into the configure settings and add person in the memo.

So if you want it to say person, you create an IVS rule for it. If you want a vehicle, you create an IVS rule for it.

View attachment 193790
But shadows has made it go off, so it not necessarily a person crossing said line. I am comparing this to my doorbell camera, which is killing it, it only alerts with people and vehicles. So when I am saying it is not working, it is not doing what this camera is doing

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was it a shadow of a person or a cloud shadow and are you sure MD isn't on?

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was it a shadow of a person or a cloud shadow and are you sure MD isn't on?
Shadow of a tree moving, see what I was referencing above, those ONVIF alerts are on point, and what I am comparing this lack of ONVIF alerts to

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some field of views can be problematic.

Have you left min size at 0,0?

Have you done the global config?

Doing those two can help knock out the false positives if they are happening.

Most of mine I did not need to do the global config, but for a few I had to.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This may be a better way, notice on the doorbell it says people detected, that’s what I am looking for. From what I am assuming, with this IVS tripwires and such, they only alert for when someone crosses them? Is there a way for it to just look and start once I sees a person like my doorbell?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I explain how to do it in post #46 above and copied here:

1714611006648.png

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I explain how to do it in post #46 above and copied here:

1714611006648.png
It is the fact that, I have none of these rules or IVS with the door bell and it alerts me only when people are here, I just tried what you did above, let me see if that works for me

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You must be using a different rule for the doorbell - is it MD/SMD and it just happens to work in that situation? Is it the same camera or a different one?

That long line of text "Rule Engine...." is simply what the camera is sending to BI, but if we want it to say something else, that is what the Memo field is for.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you create two separate rules - one for person and one for vehicle?

And if you did and are using the same type of IVS rule like a tripwire for both, BI is simply listening to the tripwire and doesn't differentiate between the two.

Under the configure, there is no need to figure out which is what if you are using IVS rules, so you can turn all of those off in the configure section.

Instead, either keep track of what each IVS rule is named (IVS-1 for person, IVS-2 for vehicle, etc.) or rename each rule in the camera GUI.

Then simply hit the + sign and in the Contains block put in the name of the IVS rule (IVS-1 or if you renamed it something else) and then in the memo you put down what it is for.

1707346729163.png

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay I made that change, my question to you, is when building the IVS lines, does it matter if you select person or vehicle? Such that, I made IVS 2 to test vehicle and that worked, but if I move it to people and a vehicle crosses that line, will that not alert?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't have vehicle checked it will not trigger for a vehicle.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Understood, so my issue is that my doorbell is using some good smart detect and that is what I was expecting from the other cameras, but I have to set them up and look for person or vehicle based on what line they are crossing.