ONVIF / RTSP audio not working in BI - Haaaalp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KMiller0202, Sep 4, 2019.

Share This Page

  1. KMiller0202

    KMiller0202 n3wb

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2016
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    2
    Chinese (I know, don't start) camera that works beautifully with audio in the p2p app and web browser (w/plugin) but for the life of me I cannot configure it in BI to work with audio. Video works fine, etc. etc.

    Attached are my BI settings.
    and what ONVIF Device Manager shows.

    What am I missing?

    2019-09-04_12-07-06.png

    2019-09-04_12-01-13.png I have a
     
  2. looney2ns

    looney2ns IPCT Contributor

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2016
    Messages:
    7,517
    Likes Received:
    5,908
    Location:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Have you tried using the URL that ONVIF manager shows in your last picture?
    Or is that what your using now?

    Have you tried Find/inspect in Bi to see what it determines?
     
  3. KMiller0202

    KMiller0202 n3wb

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2016
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    2
    Yep. That's what the current settings are.
    What's interesting is on the ODM findings, the audio shows at 32k bitrate and in BI the only option for G.711 is 64k. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.
     
  4. KMiller0202

    KMiller0202 n3wb

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2016
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    2
    Here is what VLC shows re: codec when streaming.
    (Also it bears mentioning that BI will always switch back the audio settings to 64 kbps G.711 a-law no matter what I change it to.)

    2019-09-04_13-59-38.png
     
  5. KMiller0202

    KMiller0202 n3wb

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2016
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ok, I've spent far too much time on this than I'd like to admit.
    What I'm finding is that it seems to be something with the alaw codec in the stream.
    Any info / diagnostics I run on the stream with VLC of ffmpeg show the stream there, identify it as PCM ALAW 8000 Hz, 8 bits per sample. Nothing will properly render it (2 diff Win10 boxes). The web page from the camera using the plugin works just fine.
    I've tried installing codec packs just to make sure it wasn't something wonky with the box I'm running it on.
    I've tried various rtsp URI's to invoke it and nothing. I don't have a copy of the firmware of a dump of the camera to inspect it for any usable parameters.
    At this point it's more about the challenge.