ONVIF trigger events

Reaction score
ohhhh, I bet you're right... I overlooked that when I checked settings... I'll know later when I match up the camera trigger videos saved vs BI saved trigger videos. Thanks SouthernYankee!
Hi Marklyn, did you ever have any luck with this? I just set up my Blue Iris system with Dahua cameras and tried all the same things you tried before finding this thread.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Marklyn, did you ever have any luck with this? I just set up my Blue Iris system with Dahua cameras and tried all the same things you tried before finding this thread.

Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, just wanted to send a note to say THANK YOU for taking the time out of your day to point me in the correct direction. Much appreciated.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing I found to get it working was to simply leave the camera Video settings in BI as Generic/ONVIF instead of Dahua (which is what I run). After you hit "Inspect" BI seems to default this for me anyway when adding cameras. If I manually change it Dahua Brand, then ONVIF triggers don't make it to BI. It's probably a port issue but I never bothered troubleshooting since "Generic/ONVIF" works fine. Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

Screenshot from 2020-08-04 18-43-19.png

There are other steps you have to perform to get it working of course, but I was hung up here. Once I went back to Generic it all started working fine.