Open Webviewer to specific time

deepwell

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey! Great community here, I've really valued all the information!

I currently have a 3 cam stock Blue Iris setup recording with BVR, direct to disk 24/7. We have a Point of Sale system I maintain, and I would like to add the ability to pull up a video feed if the user enters in a transaction #. (I can grab the time-stamp based on the transaction).

Now, based upon my (very!) limited understanding of Blue Iris, and apparent lack of sdk/api, I figured the easiest way would be to interface with the web viewer. (e.g., auto-open a browser with a specific URL that will auto seek the appropriate clip to the given time-stamp)

Is this possible in any way? Another possible avenue (which I don't really want to do) would be trying to reverse engineer the BVR file format and writing a service that clips the data, transmits it over the network (The NVR and PoS server are on a LAN) to the PoS system.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris does have a JSON API in the web server, but it doesn't do exactly what you want. Your best bet would be to use the JSON API to pull a list of clips, and look at the timestamp and duration of the clips to determine which clip has the time you want, then open that clip at the correct time. That would be fairly straightforward if you are recording continuously ... or on motion without the combine & cut option enabled in Blue Iris.

If you are good with JavaScript, you could take my UI2 page (linked in my signature) and modify it to do the above a lot easier than building it all from scratch.

deepwell

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh Wow! Just found the JSON interface entry in the help file. It does look doable! Thank you!!

deepwell

n3wb
Reaction score
...then open that clip at the correct time. That would be fairly straightforward if you are recording continuously ...
I've successfully received a list clips from a date range. The part where I can't seem to find a solution is opening a clip at a specific offset. Any ideas? I'm about to dive into your code :)

Thanks again!