OpenALPR cloud API (free calls reduced to 1000/pm)

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
For those who are using this I just noticed that as of 1st July 2019.
The number of API calls on the free plan has been reduced, from 2000 calls to 1000 calls.
apicalls.png

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
My Cloud Stream account is free for 2 days of storage. I took a look at the stats, and the number of plates per month average 3700, and this on a quiet residential street.

One of the problems I have with OpenALPR is the recurring recording of a parked plate; a car enters the street triggering the motion event, and OpenALPR tags the truck's plate parked down the street, or a shadow or a cat strolls, any motion event can cause the parked plate to record. Their help forum didn't help much, but it is a free service.

Attachments

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DLONG, yes, uses processing power to constantly "read" the parked plate. I tried customer service, and was told "it needs to constantly evaluate the video" so I asked regardless of motion detected or movement? and the answer was to just "mask out the area if it bothers you". While I get its a FREE service, there are people who ARE paying for it, and I know they are getting the same results as the 'free' service so I just lowered it to 2 cores instead of all 12.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wondering how to mask out an area? Is that done in BI's camera settings? Or in the camera itself?

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wondering how to mask out an area? Is that done in BI's camera settings? Or in the camera itself?
Mask out in openaplr software. Go to video. Mask an area. Just draw over the plate. But remember if the car moves out of the masked area it’ll start over. So block a good portion of that area.

EDIT: Configure--->Detection Mask--->Draw Exclusion

BTW Thanks for your help, up and running with the Downloader+ Viewer

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, thanks, Nyght. It will have to wait till the morning, as the LPR is already in night mode, and I can't view the parked plate currently.

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, thanks, Nyght. It will have to wait till the morning, as the LPR is already in night mode, and I can't view the parked plate currently.
mine still shows up JUST enough to see...