OpenALPR setup

Bkwudz

n3wb
Reaction score
i was using plate recognizer before the BI issue.
With BI back to working I thought I’d try openALPR and cannot get it to connect to the camera, what am i missing? I am using the cameras user and password.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure that you are H264 without any other letters or the codec on. Match FPS and iframes.

You need to select Manual IP camera and then your RTSP stream. If you are using a Dahua, it is:

rtsp:/ /user: password@IPADDDRESS:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

And there isn't a space between : and password or between the two / but if I put them together it gets this LOL :password

You need to type that in, wait a moment, then hit test. You may need to hit test two or three times before Rekor finds it.

If it still doesn't like it, then make sure user and password are correct and that they do not contain any special characters.

Bkwudz

n3wb
Reaction score
weird, I did what you said, took a couple tries and it worked. Looked at it about 15 minutes later and it stopped, says “unable to capture from your video source “

Make sure that you are H264 without any other letters or the codec on. Match FPS and iframes.

You need to select Manual IP camera and then your RTSP stream. If you are using a Dahua, it is:

rtsp:/ /user: password@IPADDDRESS:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

And there isn't a space between : and password or between the two / but if I put them together it gets this LOL :password

You need to type that in, wait a moment, then hit test. You may need to hit test two or three times before Rekor finds it.

If it still doesn't like it, then make sure user and password are correct and that they do not contain any special characters.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same issue and had to make a new ONVIF user for it to work for me

Reaction score
I've encountered this problem myself. What I discovered was that setting the camera to constant bit rate (CBR) seemed to trigger this behavior. Once I set it to variable bit rate (VBR), Rekor Scout was able to reliably connect.

Bkwudz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, it is working fine now, it was 100% me, i had the wrong stream #,

Is there way to remove the state from the info retrieved? the software is hit or miss on picking up the correct state, id rather not see the data if its not much closer to correct, 99% of the plates i get are from MASS anyways

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into the advanced settings and default it to your state and the % will go up a lot. It is called Pattern, so check the box and put in MA.

Last edited: