OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports Steps I took To Get Mine Working. ZERO Programming Experience.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, to handle larger values in the data received for the primary key (PK) and Site_ID, a larger integer type had to be employed. Seems like new signs ups are getting a bit larger values

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like im getting this a lot in the event viewer. I think its causing my vin lookup to not work. When I hit load forensic plates and waiting several hours it does not load anything. However, when I hit check plates on the individual plate it returns something.

LPR Viewer: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_LPR_AutoCheck_Prod'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.LPR_AutoCheck'. The duplicate key value is (64648T).
The statement has been terminated.

Also when new plates are captured even after waiting ten minutes or so the vin just says error.

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another issue - Is there a way to correct the region_id? For example it listed a plate as us-ky and it should be us-nc

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another issue - Is there a way to correct the region_id? For example it listed a plate as us-ky and it should be us-nc
That issue is an OpenALPR issue. The viewer simply shows what OpenALPR is providing.

You should reach out to them to investigate the AI on their end so that they are aware of the similarities between the plates that you are seeing.

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That issue is an OpenALPR issue. The viewer simply shows what OpenALPR is providing.

You should reach out to them to investigate the AI on their end so that they are aware of the similarities between the plates that you are seeing.
is there a way to manually change it in the viewer? I tried to find the column region but cant find it

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the query to run to fix the region

UPDATE dbo.LPR_PlateHits
SET region = 'SETYOURREGIONHERE'
WHERE best_plate = 'INSERTPLATENAME';

Last edited:

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have issues where the license plate comes in - gets an error but when you manual check it the information is there? It happens on like 90% of the plates I capture and im not sure where to look.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have issues where the license plate comes in - gets an error but when you manual check it the information is there? It happens on like 90% of the plates I capture and im not sure where to look.
That sounds off. They should match.

I would go back thru the settings and configs of OpenALPR and the utility and ensure you selected the correct region.

I seem to recall there is a country and "home state" that you need to input in, so maybe you have one or both wrong?

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That sounds off. They should match.

I would go back thru the settings and configs of OpenALPR and the utility and ensure you selected the correct region.

I seem to recall there is a country and "home state" that you need to input in, so maybe you have one or both wrong?
So the region is correct. Only a few I have to change. I mean the lookup. Refresh plates for new and let’s say if I captured 10 only 5 have vins no matter what time they came in. Then on the 5 that are blank or error I hit manually check and it returns data.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh ok I misunderstood.

I think that is simply "errors" in that you started without the VIN service, so some of the plates are showing an error since your subscription wasn't active.

So the VINs that are blank means the system hasn't seen that vehicle yet and will update at midnight. Or you can do the manual Check Forensics and it fills it in.

The ones that are error are more than likely the ones prior to when you signed up for the VIN service.

Because we only get so many lookups per month, we don't wanna waste a lookup on plates we already have or plates that didn't show up.

So any plate that has a VIN, the utility will not send that plate again to the VIN lookup. Same with the error plate as that is deemed to be a lookup and you don't want it to blow thru your monthly lookup for one of the few times that a plate isn't in the system.

So what this can mean on occasion is say my neighbor for example that has a plate in my system that identifies his VIN and vehicle. It isn't looking it up again. Two years later he sells the car but transfers the plate to the new vehicle. My system is still going to show the old vehicle and VIN. At some point, usually 6 months to a year later the VIN lookup service will update the vehicle, but it won't update in my system because it has already looked that plate up once. So I can hit the check forensics button to have it send the plate again and if the plate has been updated in the VIN system, then it will change to the current vehicle VIN.

So you will see that happen from time to time as well.

So you correct these errors as they pop up for the first couple of weeks, and then after it has flushed out those prior to the VIN service, you should only see it on the reasons I mentioned previously.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So the region is correct. Only a few I have to change. I mean the lookup. Refresh plates for new and let’s say if I captured 10 only 5 have vins no matter what time they came in. Then on the 5 that are blank or error I hit manually check and it returns data.
Did you make any other changes to the code when loading Vin Data, especially concerning the timer? If not, it's odd because this process is supposed to happen overnight (Part of Daily Activity Routine)" , unless you manually click 'check forensics,' which is fine too. However, I recall a few months or even a year ago, the Vin Lookup service may have implemented some Denial of Service protection. If too many results are pulled at once, it may temporarily blocks the request. I have a feeling that this might be what you are experiencing.

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh ok I misunderstood.

I think that is simply "errors" in that you started without the VIN service, so some of the plates are showing an error since your subscription wasn't active.

So the VINs that are blank means the system hasn't seen that vehicle yet and will update at midnight. Or you can do the manual Check Forensics and it fills it in.

The ones that are error are more than likely the ones prior to when you signed up for the VIN service.

Because we only get so many lookups per month, we don't wanna waste a lookup on plates we already have or plates that didn't show up.

So any plate that has a VIN, the utility will not send that plate again to the VIN lookup. Same with the error plate as that is deemed to be a lookup and you don't want it to blow thru your monthly lookup for one of the few times that a plate isn't in the system.

So what this can mean on occasion is say my neighbor for example that has a plate in my system that identifies his VIN and vehicle. It isn't looking it up again. Two years later he sells the car but transfers the plate to the new vehicle. My system is still going to show the old vehicle and VIN. At some point, usually 6 months to a year later the VIN lookup service will update the vehicle, but it won't update in my system because it has already looked that plate up once. So I can hit the check forensics button to have it send the plate again and if the plate has been updated in the VIN system, then it will change to the current vehicle VIN.

So you will see that happen from time to time as well.

So you correct these errors as they pop up for the first couple of weeks, and then after it has flushed out those prior to the VIN service, you should only see it on the reasons I mentioned previously.
Ahh ok - Ive thought there was an issue when its blank so Ive been manually updating it. The blanks are exactly what you said. First time hits.

The ones that are an error is because I was running the service like you said before it was active.This is the error message -
LPR Viewer: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_LPR_AutoCheck_Prod'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.LPR_AutoCheck'. The duplicate key value is (KDJ2052).
The statement has been terminated. Its because of a DUP before the license plate service was active so thats why it works when I manually check it. I'm wondering if there is a way to drop the first few days from the database.

1706986246951.png
Did you make any other changes to the code when loading Vin Data, especially concerning the timer? If not, it's odd because this process is supposed to happen overnight (Part of Daily Activity Routine)" , unless you manually click 'check forensics,' which is fine too. However, I recall a few months or even a year ago, the Vin Lookup service may have implemented some Denial of Service protection. If too many results are pulled at once, it may temporarily blocks the request. I have a feeling that this might be what you are experiencing.
I didnt make any changes to the code. I built it as is. I think its working as intended and im not be patient. The service lookup has 25 an hour and when troubleshooting he upped mine to 100.

and thanks all for the help! Sorry for all the questions

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Weird issue. I had a problem with openalpr aka rekor so I had to reinstall. I still have the LPR downloader and viewer. Everything is working and its saving. I am having a weird issue though. Anything prior that was saved into the database has data but is missing the "picture" any thoughts on how to get them to load back>?