OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

Reaction score
Yes, it looks like Rekor is no longer having downloads of CSV files. If you log into your dashboard, and click on the "View Details" link on the 'Plates this week' category, and at the bottom-left of the page there's a link for downloading CSV files. When you click on it, there's only JSON code rather than CSV files.

There's been some discussion on the issue, and I am unsure when a fix might be forthcoming. Getting a ticket into Rekor I have seen takes weeks for the Scout level of subscriptions.

I found this online conversion tool, where you would copy the JSON (right-click into the browser and choose 'Select all' then right-click and select 'Copy'). Then go here (JSON To CSV Converter (convertcsv.com) and paste it into the input box. It will convert the JSON to CSV which you can then download. I would suggest at least doing this process so that you have local copies of the CSV until a solution is found.

DLONG2 -
They changed from multi line/row csv formatted data to a single line of JSON formatted data and changed the order of the data in the output.

I sent them an email last week on the 29th about this.
Here is their response:

I have not heard anything from them since that.

I enlisted the help of ChatGPT to create a PHP script that I could pipe the JSON formatted data through and spit out csv formatted data in the original column order. This way I didn't have to redo my main download script.

DLong2 and Fubduck and others -

Thanks for getting back. I did the JSON conversion and created a csv file. Had to move some data around to match the column headers/data against an older archive csv file, but Downloader doesn't like what I did and won't manually import it. But at least I have a csv capture of the last few days plates.

Don't know about you folks, but I am not impressed with Rekor customer service. About 3 times a year I just stop connecting to their servers. Reviewing the logs shows a continuous 'Attempting Websockets connection to .......cloud.openalpr.com'. I don't know if they fail to turn on this service or a configuration error when they do maintenance (which they never tell us about in advance) but I usually have to send them 3 tickets about it. It takes a week or more for them to correct the issue and I magically start communicating again. None of the ticket handlers can ever tell me what the problem was or their solution from the engineers.

I have also created a ticket last night about this to Rekor and am waiting for any response.

Thanks for the info - really appreciate it.

Reaction score
I was just able to download a csv file tonight at 9:34PM MST but it won't import into Downloader automatically or manually.

Anyone know if they changed the data columns that affected the Downloader SQL table? I'm not very proficient with SQL Server Express.

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It now looks like if you download it manually from the website it downloads as csv formatted with the data in the original order.

In whatever automated download script you use to download with you need to change format=csv to return_format=csv
I do not use the tool described in this thread, I have no idea where or how to update it. I'm just sharing what I figured out that works for me.

This is what my download script is now using to download correctly formatted csv data:

Code:
curl -m 5 --header 'Host: cloud.openalpr.com' --referer 'https://cloud.openalpr.com/search/' --cookie 'csrftoken=CSRFTOKEN; username=USERNAME; client-tz-name=America/Denver; sessionid=SESSIONID;'
'https://cloud.openalpr.com/api/search/group?topn=5000&start=2024-06-09T09:40:31-06:00&end=2024-06-09T09:47:01-06:00&order=desc&return_format=csv' --output 'openalpr-group-results.csv' >/dev/null 2>&1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fubduck - found the line in the code and changed it to show "=desc&return_format=.csv" Saved the change and restarted my Downloader program. Auto Downloads is still not importing the current csv file and saving it to my CSV Archive location.

Manually downloading the .csv file from Rekor and uploading it to Downloader is my solution for now.

Still a work in progress on this code - thank you for your help.

Attachments

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I have updated my line of code for String_url in the downloader code and replace it with

Code:
string _url = "https://cloud.openalpr.com/api/search/group?topn=5000&start=" + str_StartDate + "T" + str_StartHours + ":" + str_StartMinutes + ":31" + str_UTC_Offset + ":00&end=" + str_EndDate + "T" + str_EndHours + ":" + str_EndMinutes + ":01" + str_UTC_Offset + ":00&order=desc&return_format=csv";
So far it seems like its working fine..

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received this email from Rekor yesterday:
I hope this message finds you well.

I am pleased to inform you that the export issue has been resolved. Users are now able to download files into emails successfully. Could you please confirm that this is working correctly on your end?

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused and appreciate your understanding and patience.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So does the old solution work or do we have to update the code to what is posted a few posts above?