OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
When you're livin' in the hood you need at least 20 alerts

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I couldn't increase the size of the stored plate pictures in the OpenALPR dashboard a few days ago without the agent shitting the bed, but now it seems to work as normal. I've increased it to 100GB which should be the equivalent of ~2 years worth of plate pictures. Far longer than I store video on Blueiris.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Would be neat if there were a weekly/monthly "sweep" that could copy the images somewhere else and relink them

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Gotta love the look of those Peugot 207's

Thats an awesome feature, makes you wonder why the service we are PAYING for can't add this stuff?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
because homeowners aren't their target market. any business or government is going to be using the webhook feature to pipe into their own systems.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright I'll give the new feature a try!

FYI, modifying a camera doesn't seem to work in the web UI for your service. Neither does deleting it. I needed to change the OpenALPR ID and the OpenALPR name for the camera since I moved the agent to a dedicated VM, but those fields dont get save upon editing.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hmm, it's working for me, are you clicking save ? send me your logs around when you try to delete it

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah. I can't delete the camera at all. Remove doesn't appear to do anything.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure if you care or not but if viewing on iPad, the display is a bit jacked up with the current layout if on landscape. Works fine in portrait as the search box gets moved down below the results. Not sure why the search box doesn’t get moved down below the results in landscape as well. It does move the search box on my Android phone in landscape but not on iPad.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
There is definitely a problem editing the cameras. I can't remove them and if you go to click "save" when editing the OpenALPR ID field it will sometimes create new cameras. The below screen shot only shows two but now I have three cameras and I never added a new one. I clicked save when editing and it created a new one automatically. The problem seems to be centered around editing the OpenALPR name and OpenALPR ID fields.
Screenshot from 2021-01-27 13-21-49.png

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Were you able to confirm the issue editing cameras or is it something I'm doing wrong?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
The Ignore List feature is a game changer too, I get a lot that just say "TEXAS" when someone is parked on the street and the rest of the plate is cut off. Now I should get no more TEXAS

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
sorry everyone work takes precedence over play. v3.2.4 has the UI issue and modifying/deleting your cameras fixed.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just pulled the latest image in Docker, doesn't seem like I'm getting plates anymore. I'm going to restart and see if I messed something up

1611884597962.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
sorry everyone work takes precedence over play. v3.2.4 has the UI issue and modifying/deleting your cameras fixed.
No problem! No need to apologize. Gotta pay the bills sometimes. UI is fixed on the iPad. That looks wonderful! I was also able to delete the cameras I couldn't before. Overlays are also working properly for me again. The only issue I'm seeing in the camera settings area is its not displaying the last capture there. It shows a question mark and/or the missing picture icon sometimes.

Edit: The questions mark shows only if you restart the service and before a plate has come in. Once a plate has been "seen", I get the missing picture icon now. Its the same problem you fixed before with the browser pulling non-SSL content and mixing with SSL. It doesn't allow it by default so it shuts it down.Screenshot from 2021-01-28 21-37-20.png

Last edited:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just redeployed with the latest image, tried incognito and even a different Brower, it just doesn't catch new cars

Going back to the older image I was using, it now does (It it doesn't add the cars that were missed either, there is a just a time gap)

Hmmmmmm, thats interesting yours is working