OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, works fine with logging turned off!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
It must not be possible to send two overlays to two different cameras using the same openalpridcameraid. I tried adding my overview Dahua cam to the appsettings.json to have the overlay printed on that camera as well as my LPR but the overview cam doesn't get the overlay for some reason. The LPR camera is listed first in the appsettings.json while I added the overview camera second and under the LPR. I did change the manufacturer variable to something different than the LPR one, but that didn't have any effect. So I'm guessing order matters and whatever camera gets assigned the openalpridcameraid first gets the overlay while the secondary one does not.

Not a big deal. I may just change it so my overview cam has the overlay instead of the LPR since it takes about a second for the overlay to be displayed once the car is out of the frame. The cars stick around longer in the overview cam since its a wider shot.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right now it just finds the first camera in the list that matches the id. i could modify it to find all of them with the same id.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Its not critical. I know you are working on getting the stuff that is missing working first.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I think my next project will be to figure out how I need to host the webserver manually. Its about a 4-5 second delay between the car passing out of the LPR frame and the overlay being printed. The processing time is small (~50ms) but the information must get sent from me to their cloud servers and then sent back to me via the webhook. It would be much faster if I could just implement the webhook locally so it sent directly from my local Watchman instance directly to your service.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Its the same Watchman and everything I'm already running from them? I just point my existing Watchman to the new webserver?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you did try the setting to add the binding url but it is coming back with error upon trying to start..

1609689089328.png

Once again my app setting are below. To be clear this happens now after added the "urls": "http://0.0.0.0:5000"

Code:
{
  "AllowedHosts": "*",
  "Cameras": {
    "Cameras": [
      {
        "Manufacturer": "Dahua",
        "OpenAlprCameraId": ID,
        "Password": "PASS",
        "UpdateOverlayTextUrl": "http://192.168.85.121/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].CustomTitle[1].Text=",
        "Username": "admin"
      },
      "urls": "http://0.0.0.0:5000"
    ]
  }
}

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Paste it into Best JSON Formatter and JSON Validator: Online JSON Formatter it will show you what is wrong.

{
{
"OpenAlprCameraId": ID,
"UpdateOverlayTextUrl": "",
},
"urls": ""
]
}
}
i think the "urls" needs to go down outside of the cameras block

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting, could do a comparison between what openalpr thinks the car is and what that site thinks the car is, and if they don't match up by a certain percentage put a big STOLEN CAR FAKE PLATE alert :) ?
Nice idea on the stolen plates alert!

The autocheck website uses plate data while OpenALPR uses image algorithms. The inexpensive Watchman cloud service no longer returns make and model data, and the pricier tiers cannot tell the makes and models at night time.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
It was silly easy to install the OpenALPR webserver to a Ubuntu VM. Now I just need them to send me an eval for the Watchman agent so I can use it. Wonder what the price is to do all this locally instead of sending them the stuff to their cloud server?

Edit: Ah I may have just answered my own question. It appears you need the $50/month commercial account. Bummer.

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
idk what's allowed on this forum, but there are some easy ways to make the "trial" commercial license last forever when you run everything locally.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Heh. Well I don't mind paying but I'm not paying $50/month. I only wanted to host it locally to speed up your webhook service mostly. I'll do the $5/month though. That sounds pretty fair.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
It's great to see real time collaboration on projects among like-minded hobbyists. Most of these concepts are beyond my abilities, and many thanks to mlapaglia and biggen and others who are sharing their knowledge and discoveries.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I did try the Validator. I believe the error is gone now. I had to add the , after the "urls", and the the ip However still not binding..

Code:
{
      {
        "OpenAlprCameraId": 1,
        "UpdateOverlayTextUrl": "http://192.168.85.121/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].CustomTitle[1].Text=",
      },
      "urls",
      "http://0.0.0.0:5000"
    ]
  }
}
1609699463851.png

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
your json still isn't correct lol, it needs to be "urls": "http://0.0.0.0:5000"