OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
v3.2.5-alpha33 fixes a recusive scheduling issue and pulls the openalpr integration out into its own section of camera settings.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks good! I think it makes much more sense in its own toggle. Good job!

FYI, I'm seeing about ~5.5KB per record in my DB. For example, my processor.db is 62MB and holds 11,200 records. So that is approx ~5.5KB per record. I get about 3000 plates a week drive by my home so that would be roughly ~850MB/year growth in .db size.

While not an important feature, IMO, it may be worth putting in something in the future that would allow a purge of plates "before X date" at some point since there is no way to remove plates without deleting the .db currently and stating fresh. It probably should be a manual thing that forces the user to do it and not automated so plates could never be accidentally purged.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Been running v.3.2.5 for a while and its rock solid!

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just stumbled on this and was wondering if somebody could share their unraid docker setup up.

Tim McMullin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw that mlapaglia said he was running this exclusively on unraid I was wondering how he had his (or anybody that has it working on unraid) openalpr/agent docker setup. I can get it working but I don't know how to get it to register with Login - OpenALPR by Rekor
I'm running Docker on windows not unraid so I can't be much help for you. You can't get the Openalpr agent running and logged into?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
You don't register it with OpenALPR directly. You need to login to your OpenALPR dashboard and copy/paste the pertinent information into his webhook service. So once his service is up and running, you need to login into the service and setup your cameras and the agent under "Settings" using the information from your OpenALPR dashboard.

I don't run it with Unraid either. I just use Docker on Linux.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't register it with OpenALPR directly. You need to login to your OpenALPR dashboard and copy/paste the pertinent information into his webhook service. So once his service is up and running, you need to login into the service and setup your cameras and the agent under "Settings" using the information from your OpenALPR dashboard.

I don't run it with Unraid either. I just use Docker on Linux.
I can get it working on windows, I just saw in this post OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras that he had it running on his unraid server and I was wondering how he got his agent to register with the cloud.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
The docker OpenALPR agent registers the same no matter the underlying OS. So somehow you need to install the underlying OS and Docker on the Unraid host. Then you'd login to that Docker container and following the OpenALPR instructions for Docker installations.

There are probably plenty of guides on the internet that show how to how to Install Docker on Unraid.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
No updates for a while. Everything is still running well but are you taking some time off with this?

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this webhook system still working?

I am no longer getting plates sent to me from OpenALPR.

When I went to check the configuration on OpenALPR site, I see an option called 'Send Matching Alerts ' that I do not recall being there before.

I am wondering if they have changed the system so it will only send alerts, rendering systems like this dead.

Has anyone else stopped getting hooks sent to them?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this webhook system still working?

I am no longer getting plates sent to me from OpenALPR.

When I went to check the configuration on OpenALPR site, I see an option called 'Send Matching Alerts ' that I do not recall being there before.

I am wondering if they have changed the system so it will only send alerts, rendering systems like this dead.

Has anyone else stopped getting hooks sent to them?
System still works fine as do the web hooks. I check it daily.

Send matching alerts has always been there.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I searched all over trying to figure out why the webhook feature stopped for me.

I contacted support, here is the reply I got back:

-------------------------------

Upon reviewing your account we see you have the home plan. Data destinations such as webhooks are only available on the commercial plan or higher. You would need to upgrade your plan to have this feature working again to the commercial plan. We hope this information helps.

Others should probably expect the webhook functionality to be shut off of their account as well I would guess.

:(

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I searched all over trying to figure out why the webhook feature stopped for me.

I contacted support, here is the reply I got back:

Upon reviewing your account we see you have the home plan. Data destinations such as webhooks are only available on the commercial plan or higher. You would need to upgrade your plan to have this feature working again to the commercial plan. We hope this information helps.

Others should probably expect the webhook functionality to be shut off of their account as well I would guess.

:(
Its still working for me fine and they just charged my CC again for a new month on the home plan just two days ago. Where does it say on their site that webhooks are only available for the commercial plan??

Go here: Webhook.site - Test, process and transform emails and HTTP requests and get a temporary address. Then go back to the openalpr site and plug that temporary address into your webhook settings. Wait for a car to come by and see if you get a webhook sent to that address. That takes your home networking out of the equation in case that is the problem.

Last edited:

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That takes your home networking out of the equation in case that is the problem.
I am certain they are not making any attempt to make any push of the data to me, the server is running in a proper data center so there are no ISP blocks etc.

My traffic volume is about 1,000 per day on my residential street. Perhaps that triggered some check on their part and they are not classifying me as a home user or something - just because I live on a busy street?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Well then I don’t know. Very odd. Will have to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

Would you mind humoring me and trying that webhook site anyway just to be sure they aren’t sending you data?

Last edited:

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well then I don’t know. Very odd. Will have to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

Would you mind humoring me and trying that webhook site anyway just to be sure they aren’t sending you data?
Just tested mine with the website you provided and it worked with my home account. I would also add that I don't use webhooks I never could figure it out.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just tested mine with the website you provided and it worked with my home account. I would also add that I don't use webhooks I never could figure it out.
What do you mean you do not use webhooks? That is how the software here works, it gets the data from the webhook feature of Openalpr.