OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would you mind humoring me and trying that webhook site anyway just to be sure they aren’t sending you data?
Testing now, gotta say that is quite a cool tool.

The test webhook from openalpr site works, but that works to my own webhook system as well.

Just waiting for a car now, it is very early morning here... could take a few minutes.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, had a few 'customers' go past. They are showing in the OpenALPR site, but nothing has hit the webhook testing site (other than the test transaction I did). :lmao::lmao::lmao:

lr108k.jpg

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know then. Unless they are rolling out removal of the webhooks slowly and you got caught up in the early rollouts but I'd figure they would have emailed us to let us know a change in policy however.

Strange. Maybe you have hit some "monthly limit" on the amount of webhooks sent. 1000/day worth of plates is a lot. I get about 3000/week.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you mean you do not use webhooks? That is how the software here works, it gets the data from the webhook feature of Openalpr.
I think he means he doesn't use this webhook software service at all. Just checking in and reading and learning I'd guess.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do you mean you do not use webhooks? That is how the software here works, it gets the data from the webhook feature of Openalpr.
I never could get it to work on my unraid system so I gave up but using the test website I can confirm that the webhook feature works with the home account.
Did you try it with the website that biggen provided?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually, are support confused? If I recall there was two ways to set this up, one where you have to port foward the Webhook container, and another using data destinations (That is limited to enterprise)

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally! Hours of trying to get this to work, it finally works! It was in my damn stupid endpoint url I left out the 9 in the 192 :/

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t think so. It creates its own db upon first run in the directory you specify in the Docker run command line.

Last edited:

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where do I start and what steps to follow, new to these things specially copy-pasting codes, please bear with me.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around, home renovations and work have taken up my free time.

Today I have added the ability to do regex searches for plates. I know municipal vehicles in my town have plates with 5 numerical characters on them, allowing me to find then with ^[0-9]{5}$
Right now regex searches won't work with lenient plate matching or ignored plate matching.

1622773789873.png

I also added a little home screen graph
1622773870296.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Man, I thought something happened to you!

I'll give the update a try tomorrow. Gotta say I'm very happy with your service. I'm up to ~64,000 plates now since I've been running it the last few months and the .db is only ~320MB in size. Will be easy to back it up somewhere in the future and start a new .db when the old one gets into the few GB size range. Although it may take years before that happens.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Graph looks great! Regex searching is massively powerful. I'll have to consult a cheat sheet to use it but that's a big "get" there.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just found the agent supports grouping "previews". the default behavior is to wait until the plate is off screen before calculating the best plate candidate and sending it to the server. you can get a "preview" of the group results while the plate is still on screen, getting the plate number to show up on camera while the car is still there.

Turning this on right away is going to cause a huge amount of entries in the processor db, wait until i can add a change for it

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So this would do two things as far as I can tell: It would improve the already impeccable accuracy that we already get (using weighted scores from multiple reads) and get the overlays to show up faster since it begins sending the data as soon as the plate is seen instead of waiting for it to go out of frame.

Does that sound right?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is an example

As the agent reads the plate more and more the results become more accurate until the final group information is sent.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like the webhook feature from openalpr passes these previews to the client, the agent has to be pointed directly to the webhook processor for this to work.