OpenMediaVault and Amcrest Camera

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"How do I add the NFS share to SMB? "

Under smb/cifs-shares is SSD share listed there? That's where you select "guests allowed".

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"How do I add the NFS share to SMB? "

Under smb/cifs-shares is SSD share listed there? That's where you select "guests allowed".
Yes that is set.

Headed to bed, lets pick this up tomorrow.

THANK YOU for all of your help over the last few days, no way I could have gotten through any of this without you!

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No prob.
The windows machine should be lan connected for now so you are not chasing other wifi related issues.

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No prob.
The windows machine should be lan connected for now so you are not chasing other wifi related issues.
Ya, the windows machine is on the hardwired LAN.

Looks like its working with record set to manual and 1 minute clips...got a whole lot of vidoes through the night last night / this morning.

Now going to see if I can get just motion activated videos

Also, would this work for cameras not on my network, but still accessible by port forwarding at another location?

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't seem to capture motion events, only 24/7 manual capture seems to work...

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I prefer continuous low frame rate over motion for reliability.
Too much footage to go through if something happens though. Motion Detection to SD Card works great on these cameras, just wish it would work for NAS

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found motion detection in general to be waste of time for false alarms (wind, clouds, bugs, etc...). My china brand cams have no gateway access anyway so no value even if motion were reliable.

Defining just what that "something" means varies for everyone.

For instance:
I'm remote on acreage and mostly home so biggest concern is vehicle traffic coming/going when I'm home and away. I use a 100% reliable magnetometer buried along side driveway that triggers camera's to email pic and time stamp which make for easy searching of recordings.