Opinions - want to replace Foscams with Hikvision

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, Im not sure what is going on with that camera after all. Looking at the specs it only lists 2 of 3 angle adjustments (pan, tilt, rotation) without specifically stating which 2 of 3 they are. This leads me to believe that it is not a true turret in the sense of it because it doesn't move on one of the axis for adjustment. This may be why they are calling it a dome instead of turret. Maybe someone else can just in to correct/enlighten?

And here is a link to a better seller and just a touch more money for the Dahua camera: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-IPC-HDW4421C-IR-IP-Camera-4MP-Full-HD-Network-IR-security-cctv-Dome-Camera-Support/32397210988.html

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for that ruppmeister. If I was mounting it under a horizontal eave like in my first attached picture, would the 2 angle be a problem? The camera I have now is mounted on a vertical board (fascia?) since that was the mount it came with. I was thinking I could mount the turret on the soffit if there wasn't an obstruction of the view.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I going to go out on a limb here and say that these can easily be mounted on a horizontal surface and normally you would only run into a problem without a 3-axis on any vertical surface. I still hesitate to say these are 3-axis cameras though based on the specs I can find. Could end up that they are 3-axis and it is just a difference in how Hikvision lists their products from Dahua though.