Option to add camera overlay/graphics to BVR direct-to-disc clips viewed remotely

Owkaye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the new website on the "Updates - Blue Iris Software" page it says this is one of the BI5 features:

Option to add camera overlay/graphics to BVR direct-to-disc clips viewed remotely
... but it was my understanding that direct-to-disk recording makes overlays impossible ... so is this feature available only when viewing in a browser or a smartphone app?

And where is this setting?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On the new website on the "Updates - Blue Iris Software" page it says this is one of the BI5 features:

... but it was my understanding that direct-to-disk recording makes overlays impossible ... so is this feature available only when viewing in a browser or a smartphone app?

And where is this setting?
This is part of a list that includes BI4 features. It is not a new BI5 feature. Overlays work with d2d, they simply dont record.
Yes its only for remote live viewing. Its a toggle.

Owkaye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes its only for remote live viewing. Its a toggle.
So the yellow object boxes are not available in UI3 on alerts or clips, instead they are available only on the live feed? Got it.

Only one question:

Why do I see a yellow box on the first frame in each popup video window when I pass my cursor over the alerts in the list to the left in UI3? The first thing I see in these small alert popup windows is a yellow box, but as the alert continues to play that yellow box does not follow the motion, instead it disappears. And when I click the alert to see it in the large viewing area I never see the yellow box.